z24 to vg30e swap

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ruling over here in wa is, if the car came out with that engine, you can put that engine in the car.

if you were doing the swapsies here, i dout you would have any issue what so ever.

I had a 1.8l turbo 180-sx, when it died i put a 2l turbo motor in from a newer model (s14 series not s13 series) but because the s13 seies came out with the same 2l turbo motor all the DPI asked me to do was fill in a change of engine number form.

The car is licenced with that engine and the insurance company simply wanted to know if it was all sweet with the DPI then its all sweet with them.

If the nav came out in 3l, then i dout you would have any issues doing the swap over here, even if it dident come out in 3l 4wd as long as the car came out with that engine they would let you off pretty easy. Im not sure what its like in other states, but ive heard it can be a bit more dificult.

Moving onto the fuel situation. the easy option would be to fire up a relay and replace the intake carby pump with an EFI pump (walbro 255ll pumps go pretty cheap these days...).

the more fun option would be to get a surge tank, run carby pump into surge tank and have the efi pump in here. This will guarintee that the efi pump is allways submerged even while you are 4wding on angles etc.

I was looking into geting one of the 30l sub tanks from a patrol and making some mods to that. have stock fuel setup run to that and have an efi pump in there to feed the motor. However this was just a vague plan i had in my head, ~30l is a bit big for a surge tank, but at least you can source them pretty easy. most cheap surge tanks have external fuel pump setups and i dident eant an external one on the 4b, getting all dirty and shit.

thats my thoughts anyway

that's pretty much what the vicroads site suggested, just wanted to clarify it!!!! as for the fuel tank looking into a few options, also deciding how far we want to go with mods and stuff due to it going to ba an everyday car as well as a weekend warrior as well....

Unknown, you should of dropped a RB25DET into it.

The CA18DET and the RB20-25 have the radiator hoses and fuel lines in the same spot.

Dave.

Unknown, you should of dropped a RB25DET into it.

The CA18DET and the RB20-25 have the radiator hoses and fuel lines in the same spot.

Dave.

Hi

I have bought a td27 navara. Thinking about getting rid of the td27 assap.

currently thinking rb20, but unsure if it will fit. Will be looking into it.

the rb20 are quite cheap, lots cheaper than sr engines.
if you get it all sorted with mounts and gearbox etc then you can drop a rb25 in as they use the same mounts / bellhousing etc.

but we will see, need cash first :big_smile:

Latest posts

Back