ZD 30 Glow Plugs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaybird

Reaction score
I just read on a caravan forum about a bloke that had a 2.8 TD Patrol lose a big end bearing and it was suggested in the conversation that the glow plugs should be physically examined every 50-80,000. My Nav has done 167,000 and they have never been looked at.
Is this something I should get done. It's going OK, blows a bit of white/grey smoke on a winters morning but OK in warm weather.
Thanks

there has beeen talk on the zd30 patrols about them breaking glowplugs. i know on some engines they replace the glows every 100,000km simply because they are known to break. the rather hard tip then gets bounced around and can damage the piston/rings.
however i have not heard that its been a problem on the navaras.

sounds like you have dropped a glow plug anyway. pay to replace them all.

Mate, I also looked at that thread and the failure of the big end bearing cannot be related to the glow plugs. I would relax, your rig is low kms. When glow plugs fail you will get much harder starting when cold and the donk will be a touch jumpy when it fires. Check your cranker battery also and make sure it's got enough grunt to power the plugs. Some ZD30's are still good after 500k with nothing touched.

Latest posts

Back