ZD30 coolant drain plug

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammerhead

Reaction score
Appreciate any tips on removing coolant drain plug in the engine block.

Impossible to see, and tough to get a socket on, tried with a mirror and socket slipped burring the nut.

Can I flush without draining the block, what size nut is it?

Cheers and beers

Gonna ask some dumb questions.

Is there more than one drain plug, the nut I have tried to remove is on the Turbo side, to the right / below the oil filter. It is really close to a bracket which makes it impossible to get a socket on cleanly.

A diagram in the workshop manual did not make sense where to find it.

Cheers and beers.

here is the plug to drain the block,again i have plenty room,since i have remove the egr,pipe that comes from intake manifold towards to the egr.

Attachments

• IMG-20130624-00106.jpg
    IMG-20130624-00106.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 1,429
Last edited:
Gonna ask some dumb questions.

Is there more than one drain plug, the nut I have tried to remove is on the Turbo side, to the right / below the oil filter. It is really close to a bracket which makes it impossible to get a socket on cleanly.

A diagram in the workshop manual did not make sense where to find it.

Cheers and beers.

I'd leave that one alone -- it is related to oil pressure from memory!

no it isn't,the oil pressure connection is further back,near the fire wall,seems like i will have to take a picture of that well.

Last edited:
I'm going to do my coolant this weekend. Manual differs from this description of where the cylinder block drain plug is.

"Remove cylinder block drain plug located at left centre of cylinder
block."

Diagram shows it to be slightly rear of the oil filter drain pan.

Can anyone confirm this??

Cheers

Latest posts

Back