ZD30 cooling system

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ

Reaction score
HI guys , does any know how many litres of coolant in a yd30 nav's cooling system , the spares parts boys reckon 3 litres of concentrate plus water, would have thought it held more then 6 litres?

RADIATOR.....ZD30 capacity

CASTROL ANTIFREEZE NF
A nitrite, phosphate and amine free, fully formulated, corrosion inhibited, ethylene glycol based coolant which has been designed to meet the requirements of the major European engine manufacturers. Particularly recommended for use in heavy duty European vehicles.

[Service Refill Capacity: 11.8 Litres.

why is it dave? i thought any good named coolant would do the trick...

there is special blends made for whomever pays for them and they say dont mix different brands/blends...

the ^ coolant is the castrol recommendation for the D22 ZD30 anyway, tho take you pick

why is it dave? i thought any good named coolant would do the trick...

A head tafe teacher diesel mechanic I know has told me several times, always use genuine coolent, thermostats, water pumps etc as the manufactures spend alot of money testing the the parts in extreme conditions and they hold up.

Worked so far for me.

Iceman on hear know's who I am talking about to.

Copies aren't tested anywhere near the originals, metal quality etc.

I have no problem using aftermarket bearings.

Aslong as there made in Japan or the US.

But then there is HP aftermarket ones that are better than OEM also.....maybe not so much for the nav...but take Chev engines and Edelbrock, thay spend big on getting their parts right too.

I agree with that.

But for a decent price tag to.

Most people dont need aftermarket Plenum Chambers etc.

as for coolant, I use the name branded concentrates only and at least a 60/40 mix.
each to their own tho.
I've found the biggest "wrong" is to not use enough concentrate in the mix.... at least 33% up to 50%its actually more damaging to the engine components when the mix is under ratio,

and as has been mentioned, it has a life and must be change at the manufacturers required intervals

additonal info......

and ive been informed DO NOT mix more than 60 % glycol when using 'conventional coolants', ie: 'ethylene or propylene glycol' based,
as it decreases coolant performance and can create additive deposition....blocking radiators...

I think i will stick with a max of 50/50

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with that.

But for a decent price tag to.

Most people dont need aftermarket Plenum Chambers etc.

edelbrock for example make plenty of OEM type replacement parts as well as mild to wild

You use the castrol jim

I have used a castrol ethylene Glycol concetrate for many years, tho recently I bought 10 litres concentrate of another brand that I'd have to go out to the garage to name....also have a 10 litre drum of Cummins brand straight out of the container to the engine, tho I've not used that yet...its purple in colour and I got it when I was seting up a prime genset (Cummings/Stanford) genset a while back.

and I have always liked Castrol branded.

Last edited by a moderator:
My thoughts are the castrol, But want to check it will do the wifes commodore and the nav After a flush first

My thoughts are the castrol, But want to check it will do the wifes commodore and the nav After a flush first

I'm pretty sure castrol have two lots of concetrate one is a special blend i think made for use with the holden V6 cause of all the ally..."350" something or other...one cant go wrong if they make sure its the concentrate.............allmost 100% ethylene glycol...I personally rcommend 60 or more % glycol mix for ulimate component protection....castrol also make coolant test strip that i use to test that my coolant is still up to scratch.

You also cant go wrong with the nissan stuff, once again make sure you use the recommended dosage.

Latest posts

Back