zd30 egt temps

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey I just installed a egt gauge pre turbo. (where the egr pipe was). the gauge seems to work well.
what I want to no what is the highest temp to look out for? how high is it aloud to go til it gose bang?
I pushed it up a steep hill in 4th reving at about 3500 to4000 and I got it up to 610C then I backed off.

Mounted in exhaust manifold- car 2.4 tonne with driver,
all the bells and whistles, car sits on 370-400 at 100km/hr gps (which is 105 with 4.6 diff gears)

Full noise i could probably hit 650c but ive never needed to go higher than 620 or so up the steepest longest hill at 100.

people will hit 700c pre turbo with just chip/exhaust and with no form of inlet cooling.

I've just mounted the probe in the egr port on the exhaust manifold... Pushin hard in third and he temps have hit a touch over 700 .
No inter cooler or chip or anything else...

I pushed it up a steep hill in 4th reving at about 3500 to 4000 and I got it up to 610C then I backed off.
610c is cold.
i would expect an easy 700c if not more.
most diesels a max of 800c. tho ones with head/piston problems generally dial that back a bit to 700c.

oh ok kool. ive got nothing to worry about then. mine is a 06 zd30.
wats the best temps for shut off?

Wow i didnt realise you can get such a high EGT with an unmodified zd30.
Blows me away when you double the fuel input and add exhaust, intercoolers/EGR blanks water meth and get EGT under 650!

really good to know!

with stock fueling i can get 540-550 max. just goes to show how important the above modifications are!

Yeah it does have a cat back 2.5" exhaust but nothing else..
I had to push it stupidly hard to get that high temp too.. Completely outside anywhere normal driving range.,

I've got an 06 zd30 with 3 inch exhaust and chip express chip on setting 6 with
Egt in dump pipe is 500 deg in Real boggy beach sand on the highway I've hit 550 over taking sitting on 100 -110 350-400 deg

Latest posts

Back