zd30 engine knock and smoke

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if they will work?
4jpaf5.jpg

mr3mv.jpg

9h27ua.jpg

Last edited:
Holy cow. Looking at those pics it looks like it was having issues for a while... there is a fair bit of damage to the tops of those pistons as well as the obvious holes in all of them....

Get a pyro .... Melting the pistons like that would have to show up on a pyro

Yea cheers. There's a chunk missing from underneath the rim of the one with the crack

Yea, putting it back together now. Time consuming, next weekend she'll be driving! I'm going to block the egr too. Had enough of that effing thing

Good to see mate. I've blocked a few now makes all the difference oil stays clean goes better better fuel economy.

Hey mate just wondering where you brought your rebuild kit ?? And how much this whole build is costing you ??? I was under the impression that the 2006 motors had upgraded pistons and a billet turbo compressor wheel ?? Also were there any signs befor the motor what itself like rough running blowing smoke running on ect ??

About $4600
New head 1600
Timing kit 140
Hone 250
Engine kit 1100 ish

The rest on injectors, glow plugs decking and things like that.
About 300$ in degreaser and rags lol
I think I've always had a problem with the turbo, had a few blokes look at it and the most info I got is that it was on its way out. Other than that I had no clue this was going to happen, and when it did. The car was blowing smoke, not heaps. But a fairly bad shutter and a small knock in the top end. Was driving on the freeway not flogging it.. I do blame the egr and I hadn't changed the oil enough.

Don witham cylinder head service. Very helpful and not a wanker!

Back