zd30 exploded diagram

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patt

Reaction score
does anyone have an exploded diagram of the zd30? ive had a search around but can't seem to find one.

Use the search function - look for the service manual, there should be one in that.

N

cylinder block area. after 3 weeks of waiting for shims and glow plugs thinking thats where the rattle was coming from replaced them today and was still the same as before. so puled the sump off and found a crumpled up peice of metal. had a feel around and the drivers side ballance shaft i think it would be moves side to side by pushing on it ><

got a pic of the metal?

sounds like its spat the balance shaft bearing. thats a major repair :(

IMG_0090.jpg

thats what i found in the sump. what has to be done to repair a ballance shaft bearing?

pull the engine out.

i'm not sure what the bearings are made of so i can't say if thats one of them. however it looks a bit big for the balance shaft. it almost looks like a big end bearing.
what ever its from you going to have to find it and its so much easier doing that with engine out.
if balance shaft feels loose then you will need to take timing chains off and check.
afaik dispite being in the manual i'm told the balance shaft bearings are not supplied from nissan as the blocks come with them pre installed. however you can get them aftermarket.

i just hope what ever it is you have caught it before its done any major damage.
good luck with the repair.

just a last min thought, check the timing chain tensioner. off the top of my head the sump is open at front so anything that breaks in the timing chain aera drops down into the sump.
that may also explain the top end ticking noise.
edit: there is two timing chain tensioner guides on either side of the chain. i'm wondering if that metal is off the face of one of them.

Last edited:
G'day Patt , mate as tweak said to me it does look a bit like a big end because I've just rebuilt my engine and that was one of the problems. I had a tapping sound that travels through to the top but my bearing was completely fused to the crank so had to get the crank ground ( twice but that's another story). Yep the best way to repair is to pull the engine out sounds like a pain in the ass but really its not that hard. There is a work shop manual on here because I downloaded it and used it not sure who posted it but many thanks to them. Patt I'm no mechanic but if I can do it I think anyone can. If I can help in anyway just ask because I feel your pain , cheers Ken.

Thanks guys. A quick update untill I get onto my computer. I pulled the motor apart today. Found the service manual :) I will upload a photo of the balance shaft later. In short it has been flogging around a bit but hasn't damaged the block only worn the shaft down a bit.

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff370/Pattystr/IMG_0094.jpg

as you can see on the right hand side of the shaft (what would normaly be the iner race of the bearing) there is quite alot of wear where it has been flogging around, lucky for me it has not damaged the block. the front bearing is still in perfect nic, just the rear that had floged out, unsure what would of caused this to happen. i have gone over the whole engine and everything else and it all looks as it would brand new so thats a relief. apart from a broken cylinder squrter thing that i may be able to repair anyway, extreamly lucky the bearing didn't end up jamming up something as it was bouncing around. i have ordered a new ballance shaft. as a new one was only $140 delivered it wasnt worth my time turning it down and rebuilding it. just have to source a bearing now and fingers crossed noting else lets go. thank you for your help and advice guys, i will keep you posted on any updates or problems i come across.

Yer. Haven't payed for the shaft yet so I'll try engine aus and see what they can do for me

i must thank you again dave for puting me onto Engine Australia $110 for a pair of shafts in there qld store compaired to nissans $140 for one from japan. and $50.82 for a set of bushes at engine aus :) looks like i better do up a my ride thread once i get it back together as im planing on staying on here for a long time now :)

how do i work out where my nav was build? the reason im wondering is because i am about to buy a turbo timer ( yes i know should of got it 5 months ago when i broght the nav) its an early 04 str im looking at this one Nissan Navara D22 2001-2006 3.0Ltr Turbo Timer Bogaard | eBay , will also be doing the egr blocking plate and an oil catch can while its off the road, and then once its running again add an intercooler, its amazing how i get motivated to do all the mods at once while its in pieces haha

Mate it will say on the radiator support.

Should be made in Japan.

Dont bother with Boggard, plain jane and overated.

Get a Greddy as there cheaper and have more features and if you need the wiring details Pm me.

Actually, if your after the EGR plates. Pm me your details.

Gday Pat, i think i'm having the same problem with my 3.0 lt nav as you,i've been getting metal particles in the oil filter for some time now but the engine still runs normal,just wondering if you noticed any in your oil filter patt,and how was your engine going before you found the problem.Gazza.

biggazza said:
Gday Pat, i think i'm having the same problem with my 3.0 lt nav as you,i've been getting metal particles in the oil filter for some time now but the engine still runs normal,just wondering if you noticed any in your oil filter patt,and how was your engine going before you found the problem.Gazza.

As I have only had the ute 5 months or so I didn't notice much of a change untill the bearing was spat out and this is when is had a loud vibration sound coming from the top back cylinder area. It still ran fine just a heck of a racket. I guess there would be some metal in the filter haven't really looked to much as we found the problem. Im unsure what could be causing your problem if nothing has changed it probably isn't good if you keep getting metal in your filter though

Back