ZD30 fault codes 95 41.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wortho91

Reaction score
Hi all, had an issue with the zd30 since I bought it a couple months ago. It feels down on pwr. Now I've checked the fuel side to the pump had restriction and air, fixed that and no change. It gets it's 15psi boost at around 2900 and the egts won't ever go over 550. I finally got my hands on the ecutalk cable and I've found at all times it's reading 14.5psi. Also has fc 41 air int temp sensor and 95 turbo press. I've never seen the eng light come on while normal driving so the faults were a bit of a surprise. I was hoping someone could share a bit of knowledge on the faults and maybe access to a wiring diagram? Also what is the correct procedure for clearing the faults??

Hi Wortho, not all fault codes throw the check engine light and the codes you've got could have been stored for a while. The intake air temp sensor is located before the air filter, have a look down between the filter housing and the inner guard. Pull it out of the rubber grommet and see what it looks like. Intake air pressure normally shows up from overboost (21 psi i think). Ecutalk lets you erase the codes, so do that and see if they come back. Your boost levels seem fine and exhaust temps look normal, any other symptons that go with your power loss?

None other than what seems like heat soak in 5th gear. I'll add the pyro is pre turbo. I would have expected it to go higher than 550. When the steinbauer chip is disabled the most I can get is 110km and it takes a bit to get even there. There's no physical damage to the int temp sensor I can see. Got me wondering why the ecu is reading 14.5 even with engine stopped. I've had the plug off the boost sensor while monitoring still no difference. (Had fc before doing this) Thanks for the reply.

Ah- Ecutalk reads atmospheric as 14.5 psi, 15 psi of boost shows up as 29.5 on ecutalk. If your not getting more than 14.5 then your wastegate is stuck open. With a chip you should see more than 550 pre turbo, didn't realise you had one. Check your wastegate actuator, the circlip might have come off letting the rod slip off the wastegate. You'll have to pull the heat shield off to see it.

Attachments

• wastegate.jpg
    wastegate.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 613
At first I thought the ecu must have used and absolute sensor reading 14.5 eng stopped but I soon realised it didn't change under load. The waste gate works as I have a manual boost gauge plumbed into the line to the boost sensor. So I have boost but the ecu reads none at all. I think there's an electrical prob sensor, wiring or ecu. That's why I was hoping for a wiring schematic. I'll post what I find.

The black fitting with the grey plug is the MAP sensor. The Manual can be downloaded from the D22 general section sticky for the wiring diagram.

Attachments

• IMG_0385.JPG
    IMG_0385.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 1,324
Found the prob. Broken return wires in both iat and boost sensor wiring. Maybe they're connected somewhere? Well I bodgied up a fix to test it out and let's just say it goes better.... Got to 145 with the pyro reading 750. Still had a lot more to go so I might have to get an alarming pyro with the mrs driving it daily. Thanks a lot for the advice rumpig helped me finally get to the bottom of the prob after three months of wondering if I was just being power greedy. Guess I've just gotta get a permanent fix in place now.

Latest posts

Back