Zd30 Knocking noise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

Just chasing some feedback. Today while out 4x4ing in 2nd gear, out of nowhere there was this loud knocking noise, definitley from engine, could hear it increase with the revs, know I was over 120km from home, so took the chace and drove it slowly back. Now that I am home it is still there but no where near as loud. This did happen once before 18 months ago, but after some km's went away. What could it be, its always there, so its not a cold start thing? Any advice would be apreciated.

Belt tensioner maybe? they're known to fail. Air con clutch is another possability.

We had someone report their mysterious noise was the bonnet brace that had come loose. Another had the rubber grommet not wound out enough holding the bonnet up.

Yes, sometimes things are that easy! Hope that's the case for you too.

Im confused, the rattling has gone away again, will get belt tensioner looked at, feels tight though. Didn't have air con running at the time, would that matter. Why would it go away?

Mate check you belt tensioner pulley near the ac pump mine just done the same thing just ended up being bearings were shot

Well, it didnt do it today till it warmed up? How do i check the tensioner for a fault? Do i need to take the belt off? Well i stand corrected, after it warmed up it happened again, not as bad as the other day though, comes and goes as it please.

Last edited:
Definatly tensioner remove belt and turn pulley and feel how it rolls and there should be no movement in the pulley

Latest posts

Back