Zd30 replacement head

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camoo

Reaction score
So i recently had a customer who needed a head replacement and requested the replacement head to be purchased off of ebay. I was apprehensive of this.
This serves as a warning and a question.
Where have u purchased a head from and was it good to go?

Don't buy off of Ozautomotive on ebay. ..

Why?

My customer wanted this one as it states in the add as ready to bolt on and inspected prior to delivery.

On reciept of head, a large impact mark where the head looks to to have been dropped on concrete is easily spotted.
No other real damage but a crack test may reveal other wise.

Checked the tolerance of valves to discover that only one was within specification. The others were all over the place.
Ready to bolt on. ... no.
The customer bought this specifically in order to avoid the cost of a shim over bucket initial set up.

The head was also full of swarf fragments.

On contacting oz auto motive, they are happy to exchange, but only after reciept of the faulty head causing my customer more time with the vehicle off road and there for a loss to my business.
After a heated discussion with oz automotive, he refered me to t/c's of ebay, and since won't respond to contact.

Unfortunately i now have a customer either forced to wait another week for his car, or pay for a shim set up. While not overly hard or expensive, this is more a matter of principles now.

Just be warned when purchasing off of ebay... cowards are hard to deal with.

Latest posts

Back