zd30 timing chain

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bridge888

Reaction score
hey everyone how are we all the other day my motor developed a rattle noise nothing too major just a slight rattle so straight away i thought turbo so i chased around and found a rebuild kit for the turbo i rebuilt the turbo myself it picked up a little bit of low end torque but the rattle is still there my nav has done 235000kms so im pretty sure timing chain is due i live in sydney sutherland shire area and was wondering whats a good price to pay to have the chain replaced and were a good place to have it done

Do you have the option to record it??? Ive listened to 5 navaras including mine and all have a loud rattle from the timming cover .... Id love to gear yours

As for the job its not a hard one .... Nissan wouldnt change mine they said the rattle will still be there after they changed it

my iphone shat it self i can only here the rattle when im beside a wall driving or when i open the bonnet and get someone to rev it while my heads under the bonnet is it worth getting done just for a piece of mind

Hi all, I am running a 2004 ZD30 Navara and just wanted to know about the timing chain. Is there a set amount of K's that we should be looking at changing the timing chain, or should it last the life of the engine?
I am not experiencing any issues at all with the engine, she has now done 245,000 k's and still going strong.
Just wanted to know if it could arise as an issue in the future...?

Cheers.

Last edited:
hello about to do mines,up to 251,000 km and i know it never had that rattle,feels unnerving to drive it with such,guides must down to nothing,doing it tomorrow,will posted pictures

Im up to 300000ks of towing with my zd and still on the original timing chain, as far as Im aware their designed to last the life of the motor. I guess if the chain and tensioner are reasonably cheap it could be cheap insurance.

Anyone know a ball park figure on having the timing chain replaced on a zd30? Just ticked over 200000 and starting to get nervous about timing chain amongst other things (like injectors), already replaced turbo for piece of mind when it started having more oil than just your standard blow by in the intake

by all accounts the zd30 timing chain is reliable.
for piece of mind check the timing chain tensioner for wear.

Latest posts

Back