ZD30DI fuel filter

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4runna

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I’m installing a fuel manager fuel filter and just want to double check the I choose the correct feed line.
Which line is the feed in from the tank?

Obviously want to feed this through the pre-filter prior to the factory filter.

Appreciate your help
077D7ADB-6BE7-42C0-9666-9D50B16AE019.jpeg

i can't remember which one it is but you can follow the fuel pipes easy enough from the other side.

however a word of caution. these injector pumps do not like extra restriction from extra filters. extra restriction on the fuel supply makes the injection pump retard injection timing. if running a prefilter i highly recommend an electric lift pump (something like a holley red) to be fitted. a water trap (no filter in it) is usually ok (stock on many nissans overseas)
also a lot of aftermarket "pre filters" are a finer filter than the stock filter. so it ends up doing all the work instead of acting as a pre filter.
be really careful with what kit you buy.

Cheers mate,

Had a look at the lines as to which one it is as they both come from the tank via pump etc.

I purchased the Direction Plus fuel manager filter.
I’ll check with my mechanic on what affect it might have

I purchased the Direction Plus fuel manager filter.
just had a quick look, its a 30 micron filter. the factory nissan one is 30-40 micron. it does the exact same job as the factory one, so its pointless having it. (i think the kits are really for common rail engines)
all you really need is a sedimenter, which is similar just no filter. stock standard on many nissans overseas. it poses next to no restriction and will hold a lot of water.
i have a 100 micron stainless mesh filter (7" long) on my other vehicle. its not to catch water, just any big crap that might jam the electric lift pump.

Cheers mate,

The wife and I are heading off around Australia mid April and just doing a few mods beefier we hit the road.
Am just over cautious about contaminants from dodgy fuel stations.
Cam back from the cape August ‘19 and found dust remnants in my fuel filter and 6mths later my objected pump shat itself.

I want my rig to last and don’t want to put any unwanted pressure on the new pump, I might just take a shit load of fuel filters with me.
I normally change the oil and air every 5k and the fuel Avery 10k. Might do the fuel every 5k while we are on the road.

I want my rig to last and don’t want to put any unwanted pressure on the new pump, I might just take a shit load of fuel filters with me.
I normally change the oil and air every 5k and the fuel Avery 10k. Might do the fuel every 5k while we are on the road.
i would not do to many fuel filter changes. each time has a risk of problems like getting dirt in it, primer failing etc. make sure you know how to prime the filter without using the primer (one reason i like lift pumps). i would simply take spares and change them if there is an issue. if you get a bad tank of fuel you might swap 10 filters just to get back to a workshop etc.

Back