D40 High Beam Wire/Spot lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MP3

Reaction score
Im in the process of mounting some spotties to my nudge bar and am wondering 1. what is a good brand/model and 2. where can the high beam wire be found for easy instalation.....are there any other tricks to wiring up spotties i should be aware of?

Not entirely sure about this so double check first but I think you need a switch in the dash so you don't have to have them on with main all the time, for in town etc, might have been smoking crack when I thought that up though as it seems a bit pointless now.
You'll definitely need a relay to pull in when main beam is on, if you parallel them up you'll blow the fuse.
Would like to see how the factory fitted (or ARB etc fitted) ones are done as i'd like to put some on mine too.

It says on the installation instructions on most lights that u have a relay and one to the battery and then you have to hook it into the high beam wire aswell. You have to have a switch in your car aswell. Anyone out there who has fitted them or can help it would be much appreciated.

There is a wire from the battery to the relay, one from the relay to main beam and one from relay to spottie, plus fuses as required, the relay acts as a switch turning them on which is activated automaticaly by the main beam wire. Best off getting a wiring kit, not a hard job, but one that definitely needs done well.
I want to see how factory is fit just so I can see how they join into main beam, obviously is needs a water/vibration proof connection

Ill get a wiring kit by the sounds of it, but how do you hook into the main beam wire, and where is it?

Most driving light's come with everything you'll need (wiring loom, switches etc.) including an easy to follow step by step set of instructions. My Roo Lites did! As for good brands, I'm happy with the Roo Lites! All depends on how much you want to pay and whether or not you want spread beam, spot beam or combination beam.

Cheers Brad

Ill get a wiring kit by the sounds of it, but how do you hook into the main beam wire, and where is it?

Easiest place to pick up the high beam trigger is from the back of the headlight, I pulled out the battery to get access to the wiring, it's the blue wire for high beam trigger, just use a crimp on connector, I then ran the wires for the inside switch through the bonnet release cable grommit using a striaghtened out coat hanger as a cable puller. Then connect the relay to 12v+ straight off the battery, connect the earth and the jobs all done!.
BTW I used an IPF loom , but they are all basically the same.

Good luck.

Roo Lights all the way dude......thanks for not answering my question on the high beam wire, and i already know most of the lights come with basic instructions??????????????????????????????????????????

Roo Lights all the way dude......thanks for not answering my question on the high beam wire, and i already know most of the lights come with basic instructions??????????????????????????????????????????

Geez a bit harsh mate, I thought his post was quite helpful?

I run my power to the spotties relay straight from the back of alternator. This ensures a higher than 12 volt supply at the lights all the time.

If you know you get instructions why ask?

Mate i'm not to sure on the D40's but i just bought a set of Narva Ultima 225 and fitted them up yesterday afternoon.
They came with a real easy "Plug & Play" wiring loom.
The only thing i had to do was find the high bean light from the switch. Easy as mate. Took me all of 20 mins to do.

hey Nevyn did you end up getting your spotties set up right, were you able to get enough spread when adjusting the focal point

Yeah mate, had them just right then I put the beast in for a service and the Mech must have lent on em!! arrrgh!!
I have them both more on spread than spot, slightly pointing away from each other. Plenty of light in every direction...............for now :wink:

Latest posts

Back