Ambient temp sensor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cruise

Reaction score
Hi everyone
While Perusing the 2011 Navara user manual I came across the Ambient Temp Censer section with an * Astrix * which of course means it's an option?, I found that it is fitted to Navara ST-X and not the ST, soooo my question is would the wiring loom be the same for Spanish & Thailand built Navara's ?.
If so does anyone know where this connection plug would be?,
I rang Kloster Nissan and got the OEM part number, but the guy couldn't tell me whether the wiring looms were the same for either model,
Any help is will be very much appreciated.

The OEM part number for this plug in censer is (27722AX610) cost is $160.00

Regards
Cruise

Spanish built D40 have the connector in the front of the radiator on the support on the petrol trucks and off to the drivers side down near the chassis rail on the diesels.I recently had a Thai built truck and could not find the connector anywhere in the front.Now someone else is sure to chime in here but as far as am aware the Thai built trucks run a different wiring harness so may not in fact have the connector at all.
Nissan originally stated that this feature was not available at all.We did some testing and found that we could install the Ambient temp sensor from the R51 would work .
One thing you can do is put your dash into diagnostics mode and see if in fact the readout is even there .
This is the thread from ClubFrontier where we did all the ground work
Outside Temperature Guage - Nissan Frontier / Navara Forum

Some over seas trucks have the read out in the rear view mirror Maybe that's what you are thinking about. Last I heard (and it's not definitive) STX's only got anything like it because of the production line not the model.

Sypher brought his truck to Karuah one day and I had a look over it, I removed my sensor and went looking for a place to plug it in. The loom wasn't even there.

I think they don't even put the loom in at the Thai factory. In the Spanish factory they do, because the Euro models all got the ambient sensor (as well as climate control and a reversing camera built into the rear view mirror).

Well I guess that puts an end to this thread lol, I will have to look around for a descent after market unit.

Thanks to all for your input, that's what makes this site so good. :)

Regards
Cruise :cheers!:

Ambiant temp sensor

i have a 2008 ST X I disconnected the battery plugged in sensor out of my wifes 05 pathfinder ST L reconnected battery and presto temp display on dash Nissan spare parts told me that according to vin my car did not have this feature

Latest posts

Back