After market Fog lights on original wiring loom.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cinantmaxhen

Reaction score
HI guys,
Got a set of after market non original for lights for my 2012 ST (spanish built) D40 Navara. On installing the light into the original bumper bar, i noticed that the wiring loom for the fog lights, for what i can only deduce is for higher models up, was actually tucked up and out of the way and actually fitted straight on to the exhausting fog light loom. BUT...of course when i turn on the headlights...the new fog lights don't come one...because they don't have any switch on them .... i can't seem to find where the switch wire might be in the cabin. I do note that on higher models than the ST (those fitted with fog lights, the switch is on the headlight/indicator stalk as an additional rotational light switch and the stalk is easily replaceable , so this would be decided on the production line . Im guessing that on the production line, all the wiring looms are installed for all models, then on the end of the production, the decision is made as to what level of add-on is given to the vehicle to determine its model.

So my question is....does anyone know where the fog light loom 'comes out' so as to be powering the fog lights.

Hope this makes some sense??

I went through the same thing the other day. There is a sticky here how you can modify it. In the end, I contacted some wreckers and sourced a second hand genuine inductor stalk from a r51 pathfinder that had the fog light switch. This is a 2 minute install to replace !

One wrecker wanted 150, I found one for 75.

No worries mate. Then good thing is it looks factory, the fog lamp comes up and is such as easy job

Back