Super cheap auto spotties

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jap55s

Reaction score
Just wondering, anyone got the SCA spot lights? Are they any good? About 80 bux a pair. I'm looking at getting about 3 pairs. About 240 bux total.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I'm sure that if you had 3 pairs of ANY spotlight it would be enough light lol, not sure on the quality though..............

I've got 4 of em on my rear bar. They do the job. I only use them to light up stuff close in front and to the sides but. Then got my big spotties on the bullbar for lighting up WAY out front.

I have a set on my quad for riding at night, BUT! you can not buy replacement lenses for them if you happen too break one, you have too buy a hole new set.

Over the years found some of the cheap spoties can throw a decent light. Big problem is the mounts, after a while they will break.
With 3 pairs your current draw wil be getting up there ie. 600w divied by 13.8volts = over 43 amps! = more fuel and you haven't turned anything else on yet.

Pay heed to Tappet's warning. 43A is a lot of current. If you're running a single line up to your roof and paralleling the lights from there, make sure the cable going up there is nice and heavy. It's not so much a problem with voltage drop causing them to not work - it's that the cable will get hot, perhaps enough to soften the insulator and cause a short.

Your relay also has to be up to the task. Jaycar sell a 60A relay and that's the minimum I'd be looking at for this.

As for the SCA spotties ... in a cluster they'll look alright, they'll provide you with some light up nice and close, but they won't burn the ring off a roo standing a km away like the IPF, Lightforce, Roolites etc.

We added some to the tractor for extra light and the lasted a while. The light they throw isn't bad for a cheap light. The mounts are pretty weak thou if you drive over corrugations or rough surfaces much I think you may come across to

Yeah the mounts are pretty shitty, but I just made up some new ones and got some high tensile bolts. Seems to be holding up alright.

Thankyou all. I'd wire them up all to their own relays in pairs. So bottom line. Buy some HID LIGHT FORCE and will be cheaper in long run?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I'd bet that a pair of HID Lightforce lights would cost a little more, but they'd put out MUCH more light than 6 SCA spotties and you'd cook the roadkill before you hit it.

There's an old chinese proverb that runs along the lines of "good thing not cheap and cheap thing not good". You are better off spending good money the first time round and having decent lights (or any 4wd accessory) rather than buying cheap and having to replace them.

and if you want decent and cheap and are in no hurry try ebay there's plenty of good used stuff to be grabbed there.

really depends what it is you want them for, if its just to spread some light around and nont get too much distance then go for it but if you want distance go for some sort of hid setup, even if you buy a set of good quality halogen spotties (lightforce, ipf, narva etc) then you can get hid kits to convert them later if the cost is too much. i originally put lightforce xgt's on my nav and thought they were great and for not much reason at all decided to upgrade to 100w hid and the difference is amazing.

Latest posts

Back