LLad's Build Up D40 STX

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LLadnar

Reaction score
Hi guy's, Been meaning too do this for a while now and a few of you's would have seen my ute as is so far at the muster, but I thought I'd do it anyway.

Ok here she is all stock standard after the missus washed it for me :wash_truck:
picture.php

I then started with a 2" Tough Dog lift kit from Zordo Suspension
picture.php

Followed by a 30mm body lift from Zordo too.
picture.php

Last edited:
Then me and the missus jumped in and went for a drive too Sydney too Blues Ute World too have my new Alpha canopy fitted.
picture.php

while in Sydney I had a set of Mickey Thompson's FC-II's 285/75/16's fitted. But when I got home I also had too have a set of King's wheels 16x7 +18 off set steelies fitted as the tyres where rubbing on the chassie at full lock.
picture.php

Last edited:
Then took it up too Gloucester NSW too Drifta Kitchens too have a new set of drews installed in the tray.
picture.php

Also has pull out bench that when released is also a table with fold up legs.
picture.php

Also while I was away working the missus droped it off at the local auto elec too have the UHF, light's and power to the tray and accessorie plugs for the Waeco installed. forgot to take photo's of power outlets in tray but eleco did a great job, nicely set out. (will get some)
picture.php

Last edited:
Here she is as is at the moment after a really good wash after the Muster
picture.php

picture.php

Things still too come:
Snorkel
bulbar
bash plates
Scotty rock slides
exhuast
Unichip.

Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Lucky your in the mines Brad.

Sounds like an expensive list.

The D40 looks good, the D22 you had was kept pretty tidy to.

Thanks alot Dave,
the way I look at it is that I like it too look good, but they where built too be used and if I break it or scratch it - I fix it.
This is not a dig at you in anyway about the muster Dave. I have a couple of mate's with new D40's and they are too scared too even get them dirty. They saw my nav when we got home and said I was crazy for getting it that dirty "I'd never let mine get like that" they might as well own cars.

Mine has seen the Wattagans and Barrintong tops and other forrests.

Its on the road everyday, so I look after it.

At the Muster, I just wanted to see the surrounding areas.

Its been 13 years since I had been up there.

We should do a trip up Lostock state forrest soon, dont mind it there.

Hey mate,

Where did you get the centre hub caps for your steel rims? I got some 17x8 fitted to my 550 by tyrepower without them. They reckon they don't make them for the Navara stud pattern the lazy C*%TS.

Hey mate,

Where did you get the centre hub caps for your steel rims? I got some 17x8 fitted to my 550 by tyrepower without them. They reckon they don't make them for the Navara stud pattern the lazy C*%TS.

Nice looking ute LLadnar,interested in the caps as well.I have a set of kings to go on with the next tyre change but the caps seem a bit scarce in Melbourne.

Thx guys, my steelies I just ordered through my local o'neil's tyre centre, they own all the Goodyear tyre centre in the Newcastle, Hunter Valley area. Kings sent the wrong ones at first, but they made them send new ones. Kings might sent the wrong ones out a bit (with there being 2 Nav's) and people are too lazy too fix it.

how to you find the tough dog suspension ?, how comfortable is it compared to the original stuff, how easy was it to install ?

Thx guys, sorry for the late reply, love my tough dog, the ride is a tiny little bit stiffer then original but hardly noticeable. Easy too install if you know what your doin (I'm a mechanic) and wouldn't be overly hard for anyone else, just with your front struts make sure you line everythin up before you tighten them.
I was looking for 16x8's but didn't want them in 0 offset which was proving easier sad then done as I didn't want them stickin out the guards. Then at the 4wd show I was asking the Mickey Thompson rep about the tyres I wanted (FC-II) and asked him if he know where I could get the rims I wanted, and he said I didn't need too go to 8's as the minimum rim size for a 285 is 7.2"s but no one makes a 7.2" rim do they?? He said a 7" rim is close enough.

Upgrade my front brakes for better stop ability, less brake heating.

Old rotors
picture.php

New set of DBA sloted rotors and Bendix 4WD heavy Duty pads.
picture.php

stops on a dime now, 200% better ready for the new camper van.

Last edited:
Also just sealed my tail gate, try and keep the dust and hopefully water out of my draws.
picture.php

picture.php

Made some new mud flaps for the front out of some 3mm rubber cut too the same shape as the originals.
picture.php

Latest posts

Back