LLad's Build Up D40 STX

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had my new fridge slide for my 80ltr waeco fitted last weekend.
It got a fair workout at tufftrucks this weekend and worked really well. Its a MSA Platinum drop down fridge slide.

picture.php

picture.php

I got mine from Drifta kitchens, they made my draws. But you can get them on eBay, some ARB stores etc. I got mine heaps cheap cause I did some advertising on there draws for them, but think their about $640 + freight on eBay, or $650 install at drifta.

Well just had the Nav in with the engineer too get the body lift certified. Now that's all done, time too get the next load of mods fitted. Starting tomorrow with fitting the Beaudesert 2.75" exhaust. Then the snorkel and bullbar sitting in the shed gathering dust.

one of the best looking 40's i have seen
snorkell and bar will look great
keep up the good work mate

Finished fitting the new Beaudesert 2.75" exhaust too the Nav on Tuesday, omg thous heat shield on the dump pipe are a pain too get off, thanks Nissan…
Anyway started it up after finished and thought "omg! It don't sound any different too before, hope I havent waisted my money here".
So thought, let's take it for a drive, backed it out the yard & "hmm.. That backed out of there easier then normal, wasn't as much turbo lag I think".
Pulled out onto the rd & around the corner "defenetly less lag, accelerates better too", so drives down to the industrial estate and gives it a boot full. Very nice, goes well. Pretty much back too stock before I put the 33's of so can't wait too get a Unichip, will have even more power then.

Will post photos as soon as computer up running again.

I went the beaudesert 2.75 as well, I couldn't believe how easy it was to install. Did you reinstall the turbo heat shield after? Mine feels like its a whole lot smoother through the rev range.

Yeah, put the one heat shield on the turbo back on.
It made a big difference except too the sound, more power smoother, really happy with it.

Hey Lladnar, With the body lift, did you have to change/extend any thing: Brake lines, fuel filler, gear shift lever. And was it pretty straight forward?
Also how much was your exhaust and did it make it louder, i want to put one on my D40 but don't if it will make it heaps loud.
Cheers
Craig

Love the rig mate, very jealous, will get there one day.

Just a couple of quick questions.

Any reason for the 2.75" and not a 3" exhaust? And where oh where did you find the seals for the tailgate have the same issue with mine At the moment and it's a pain in the arse.

Cheers for your help, Tim.

Dozer said:
Hey Lladnar, With the body lift, did you have to change/extend any thing: Brake lines, fuel filler, gear shift lever. And was it pretty straight forward?
Also how much was your exhaust and did it make it louder, i want to put one on my D40 but don't if it will make it heaps loud.
Cheers
Craig

There are a few things you need too change, mod and even remove, but it's nothing big. Like removing your bottom fan shroud, moving the earth strap on engine too a higher bolt & just trimming a little bit off the plastic engine cover so it don't rub on radiator hoses. If you go through Zordo for your body lift you'll get a full set of instruction on what needs too be done and any dramas you can just ring him and he will talk you through it. My exhaust was about $1045 delivered. It sound basically the same as standard but it goes a hell of a lot better, am very happy with it.

Titanium_Tim said:
Love the rig mate, very jealous, will get there one day.

Just a couple of quick questions.

Any reason for the 2.75" and not a 3" exhaust? And where oh where did you find the seals for the tailgate have the same issue with mine At the moment and it's a pain in the arse.

Cheers for your help, Tim.

Well, I've read that there is absolutely no difference in performance between a 2.5" and a 3" on a 2.5ltr Nav, so why pay more for a 3" exhaust. The only problem is I couldn't find anyone that made a full new 2.5" system from dump pipe back, only cat back. But baurdesert do a 2.75" and aren't overly expensive, so why not. The seals I got from Ovesco their a truck and trailer spares place.

Fitted the new snorkel yesterday, it's just a standard nissan snorkel supplied by Nizzbits. Thanks Garry. I chose a ganuine snorkel cause I think they look better then the aftermarket ones available.

picture.php

picture.php

So about 80% finished on my build, just got the bullbar too put on next weekend and then save up for the Unichip. Probably still be a few little thing too do after that lick dual battery's and redarc charger. Oh crap forgot about bash plates, after chip then I'm finished.

Latest posts

Back