Custom Rockers / ARB type Switches

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ant

Reaction score
Hey all. tried searcing but couldnt find anything, but Im wondering if anyone uses the Custom Rockers (ARB) brand of switches in their D22. Do they fit straight in to the spots in the dash or do you need to buy the mounting plate or modify the existing blanking plate? Are they good switches? They look good, and im thinking of using a few just thought Id see if anyone else was using them.

CUSTOMROCKERS

I'm fairly sure there was a thread on here a while back suggesting the ARB rockers fitted straight into one of the models but they weren't exactly cheap. I can't really see why they wouldn't fit, ARB would be silly making switches that don't fit in what is usually a fairly standard size slot in most cars.

On the note of expensive ARB swtiches there has to be a cheaper alternative for the same thing somewhere, our of Ferg uses exactly the same switches for 4wd mode and that thing is 16 years old so someone else is making them and it might be worth hunting them out given that I seem to remember the high price was one thing mentioned in the thread I'm thinking about.

Edit: This might be the thread I was thinking of, searching came up with it on about the 4th response, so was quite easy to find.
http://www.navara.asia/d40-electrical/5460-switches-fit-nicely-slots.html

Thanks mate. Honestly didn't see that thread when I searched.

Not that it matters a great deal but did you try an "Advanced Search" and not just the standard search box, most times that yields much better results.

Got two ARB locker switches in the spots to the right of the steering wheel. They don't clip into place but I put a square of felt on each side of the switches and they hold in place snug and look factory fitted.

Cheers

Narva do rocker switches that clip into the switch blanks in the D22, go to their website and search the catalogue. I got one with a spotlight symbol and led from repco for less than $20 for my spotlights.

The ones under the air vent to the right of the steering wheel are too deep to clip in properly, easy to make them tight though and they look great. Will fit into the the two switch spots in the instrument cluster surrounds, one either side of the wheel. these are shallower and so clip in properly. I have two, both under the air vent to the right.

Took some pictures early this morning to show what i mean.

03122011071.jpg

In the one above it shows where mine are. As i said these holes are deep. The blank switch plate to left, beside the column is a shallower one which i believe the switches will clip into properly.

And a pic of my switches:

03122011070.jpg

Attachments

• 03122011068.jpg
    03122011068.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 151
Awesome, just the info I was looking for. Thanks for that mate. have ordered a couple so will have to work on fitting them when they arrive i guess. Thanks again.

Where mine are the switch end pretty well flush with the back of the hole. I put a simple dob of superglue on the edge of the switch and the edge of the mounting hole, holds it there perfectly, unable to tell from the front, and easy to seperate if needed.

The ones under the air vent to the right of the steering wheel are too deep to clip in properly, easy to make them tight though and they look great. Will fit into the the two switch spots in the instrument cluster surrounds, one either side of the wheel. these are shallower and so clip in properly. I have two, both under the air vent to the right.

Only discovered how deep those two were today. Such a shame, I had my heart set on putting the switch for my rear lights in the left hand side one.
The switch still fits but looks like crap sunken that far into the dash, guess ill have use the one next to the "heat" switch.

Or the one 500mm to the left of my rear light switch? behind the steering wheel? it is only a shallow one, same as on the other side.

50mm not 500mm. In the black trim around the instrument cluster, can see it in my pics

50mm not 500mm. In the black trim around the instrument cluster, can see it in my pics

Yeah already used that one for the push button override for the Redarc, thanks anyway. I am pretty certain i will put it next to the "heat" switch. I thought about putting it in one of the ones near the handbrake, but the rear lights are not something i want being bumped on accidentally.

Yea, i don't have the extra ones at the handbrake so i just run with what i have and make it work. On another note, 5 core trailer wire is excellent to use on the switches, which so handy happen to have 5 pins. Saves running 5 singles or pairs and singles, and still looks neat as!

Hi all hope everyone is well.

Does anyone have any tips on locating a dimming wire for my rocker switches.

Tried a search but couldnt really find anything. Im placing the switch near the handbrake. Truck is a 2011 D22

Cheers

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back