what motor can fit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjsnavara

Reaction score
me and a mate both drive navaras and are both had a bit of money spent on them me were thinking of a engine change but not a petrol have sameone have an idea

It does depend on how much you want to spend on it.

You can get more power from your current engine. Chips, exhaust changes, turbo changes, intercooler upgrades - they all add more power.

If money is no object, take a look at Scottybobcat's car for inspiration. A Gen III LS1 V8 went into it. Perhaps you could drop in a 6.5L Cummins or a 7L Ford (from an F250). Might need some bodywork there!

Any engine change will probably need to be engineer-certified. Upgrading the current engine won't.

Work out which motor you want sell the Navara and go buy a 4by with that motor in it. It will be less hassel and almost certainly less expenisve way to go.
I know i'm a party pooper:)

Its a QD32 powered D22 going by his other posts.

Turbo the QD32 or install a JDM R50 Pathfinder QD32ETI engine.

110kw and 330Nm of torque from memory.

My vote is for the QD32ETI.

There's n o chance in hell you will fit a Cummin's in a D22.

There about 500kg or there abouts for the engine alone.

7.3 Powerstrokes would be around that to.

There are a few GU Cab Chassis's in WA with 5.9L Cummins (6BT) and the diffs cant take the torque longterm.

They are a truck engine, need to be worked hard to or they coke up.

You could possibly fit a 4BT, but there like 350kg. Same weight as a TD42.

Work out which motor you want sell the Navara and go buy a 4by with that motor in it. It will be less hassel and almost certainly less expenisve way to go.
I know i'm a party pooper:)

Which 4x4 ute has a genIII 5.7L in it std?
But I agree in sentiment . You can throw away lots of money to arrive at the same starting point as elsewhere.

^ The 6.5 Chev is a old heap of shit.

See what Americans think of them.

The Duramax on the other hand is awesome.

i like the 7.3

i like the 7.3 idea the 3ltr with 35s on it runs out of steam on the hills its got a patrol running gear so it should take the power with bigger springs in the front she could take the weight

I read in a 4x4 mag there is a bloke in Wa i think that is fitting a 7.3l Ford diesel into a D22 and is has been taken back to a bare chasis and the Chasis moded to take the weight and sixe on the engine.

Also i believe it will be solid axle

Latest posts

Back