Tough dog leaves

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banga

Reaction score
Has anyone used the tough dog 500kg leaf springs, if so did you find them too stiff and what kind of weight are you carrying or towing?
Thinking of puting these in my D40.

You really need too add up the weight of every thing you carry ALL the time, if you don't get close too the 500 mark they will be too stiff and the ass end will sit up to high, making your shocks run at full extension which will make them wear out in no time

Yes I've weighed all my tools and gear and it comes to about 350kg plus about 150 kg for the tool boxes trundle tray so im right on the threshold of being too heavy for med springs and too light for hd springs.
Maybe solution is remove a leaf from hd pack

Have a look at sax rear springs they are 3 stage leaves and they will hold the weight I no I have them on my d40 and I carry up to a ton of fertilizer and they handle it well.

Hey banga, I put the 300kg constant load for towing and ruined the ride until i installed canopy,draws,battery and load. now like factory ride... I would go 500kg constant load with the wheight you are carrying. as they settle in after a while. By the way the paint coating on tough dog is crap.... Mine started to look rusty within a few weeks. not that it affects them. but was pissed having to spray can them myself...

What is the ride like unloaded

great ride empty as the weight go's down it picks up other springs I looked at just about every spring on the market and then I came upon this one from sax in Queensland talked to john and he suggested I try there springs money back guarantee if not satisfied, I thought couldn't be fairer than that I thought any how I still have them on the ute and got the front as well good match to the back and gives you a good lift to.

Latest posts

Back