Cape trip in D22 Nav!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D22Nav_Man

Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted some advice. Me and a few mates are doing the cape in june / july this year. Ive got a D22 and wanted to find out what some of you guys ran when you did the trip and what you'd change if you did it again, and if you had any dramas with the truck....... Spares list??

This would be interesting for me aswell heading up July/august with mates. Spares list etc would be great. I think there may be a few other navs heading up at the same time.

Rusty

Mainly after a spares list and if anyone had any dramas with there truck! when i go I will have 2 inch lift, daul batteries, steel bar, Snorkel rear seats removed fridge and draw system in there place, side awning, roof racks and cage and that should hopefully get the job done!!

Mainly after a spares list and if anyone had any dramas with there truck! when i go I will have 2 inch lift, daul batteries, steel bar, Snorkel rear seats removed fridge and draw system in there place, side awning, roof racks and cage and that should hopefully get the job done!!

Did it July/august last year.

I took spare fuel/oil/air filters, engine oil, 20l diesel/fuel.
selection of fuses, roll of electrical wire, electrical tape, fencing wire, cable ties etc. Pretty std stuff.

And a good set of tools and know how to use 'em. (ring + open ended spanners, screwdrivers, side cutters, plyers, socket set, etc)

If your vehicle is well prepared and you drive to the conditions you should be alright. There are plenty of other people doing the same to lend a hand if you get yourself stuck between a rock and a hard place.

very simple things to get you out of trouble, thanks for the tip mate I'm heading up there in about 3 weeks

we also went up june last year and took pretty much the same as tommy
i would also include a test light and a small tub of nuts bolts self tapper screws and hose clamps just incase anything shakes lose
you can make the trip as hard or as easy as you want
my parents travelled with us in a Suzuki with road tyres they didn't do southern ott because of palm creek
but they did do most of the northern side up to nolans brook
the only time they got bogged was on a beach exit near fly point from going to slow in the soft sand

Attachments

• P1010481.jpg
    P1010481.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 124
I'm doing that trip in September. I'd suggest changing out things like:
top/bottom radiator hose, front brake pads, oils filters, air filter, belts - then keep all the parts that you take off as spares. Change all your fluids, grease everything that you can see, put on a sump guard, snorkel, diff breathers, good tyres, a UHF radio and you're good to go. I did all that before our last trip (the Simpson) and so about the only thing that I'll do this time is change out the turbo and keep that as a spare.

This is gonna be a random question but its bugging me. Ok so I have 2 sets of wheels. One set of str alloy with Bridgestone 697Lt in a 265/70/16 and second set are 16x8 steel rims with 265/75/16 lt federal couragia mud tires. I was always wanting to use the steel rims with mud tires but have since thought it will put to much pressure on the motor. Need some help deciding. Anyone with ideas?

RustyNav09 said:
This is gonna be a random question but its bugging me. Ok so I have 2 sets of wheels. One set of str alloy with Bridgestone 697Lt in a 265/70/16 and second set are 16x8 steel rims with 265/75/16 lt federal couragia mud tires. I was always wanting to use the steel rims with mud tires but have since thought it will put to much pressure on the motor. Need some help deciding. Anyone with ideas?

In what sense mate? Weight? You'll be fine :)

Well the extra weight of steels and 32" mud tires is what I'm worried about. We are not gonna be doing anything stupid in the car do I'm pretty sure we will be right. I think out of the 7 cars in our convoy 5-6 have winches. That's leaving me without one.

RustyNav09 said:
Well the extra weight of steels and 32" mud tires is what I'm worried about. We are not gonna be doing anything stupid in the car do I'm pretty sure we will be right. I think out of the 7 cars in our convoy 5-6 have winches. That's leaving me without one.

Don't stress about that, I've been running them for over 70,000km. No issues at all.

RustyNav09 said:
That's what I thought. No stress then. Come on cape trip in 2weeks

Sykes for you mate!! Hope all goes well!! It'll be great!!

Latest posts

Back