spotlight through roof

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cruptd

Reaction score
Hey all, after a long time of contemplating, ive finally decided to install a roof mounted spotlight in my d22.

My question is, has anyone else done this, and was the roof solid enough for it, or did it need an extra plate etc put in between the roof and roof lining?

Any ideas would be great!

Cheers....

I have a kingcab D21 sitting in my yard with a spotlight through the roof. There's no bracing. The roof design is very similar between D21 and D22.

Sorry cant really help you apart from saying I'd like one but no way could i put a hole in the roof

Cheers Dion, thats what i was hoping for. I thought it would be alright, but just thought id ask so i could organise something before running the holesaw through.

Yeh Krankin, it was a big decision, and i certainly havent rushed into it. But i figure its going to make it alot easier. I dont plan on selling my ute in the near future, and being in the crash repair trade, i could always fix it up later if i need to and just get another roof lining from the wreckers.

I thought i might as well just bite the bullet (so to speak) and go for it!

I bought a wobbly to put in my Ute, but I just cant bring myself to do it, so I have a brand new wobbly sitting in the shed only thing I might do is clamp it to my roof rack

Yeh i got one of the lightforce suction cup mounts thinking that it would be good enough so i didnt have to put a hole in the roof, but its just not the same. Every now and then the suction cups will fall off and it just ends up shitting ya. And also with the suction cup mounts only one person can control the spotlight, where as with one in the centre passengers can use it to.

I have a kingcab D21 sitting in my yard with a spotlight through the roof. There's no bracing. The roof design is very similar between D21 and D22.

Wouldn't there be a brace of some sort joining the B pillars in a D22?

I'm sure the Outback Console instructions say the console mounts to the cross brace like it does in the D40. I realise this wouldn't be the case in a Kingcab but isn't the 04 D22 in question a Dualcab?

I'm sure the Outback Console instructions say the console mounts to the cross brace like it does in the D40. I realise this wouldn't be the case in a Kingcab but isn't the 04 D22 in question a Dualcab?

Yeh the d22 is a dual cab mate.

So are you suggesting to mount the spotlight handle to the bracing, or to avoid it?

No I'm not suggesting anything, I'm not even questioning Dion's advice because he knows more about Nissans than I do, I just thought I'd read something about mounting the roof console to the B pillar bracing.

I'd hate you to find a brace in the roof when you weren't expecting to because the brace in the D40 roof is a wide bitch of a thing but in parts is only mm's from the roof skin.

No I'm not suggesting anything, I'm not even questioning Dion's advice because he knows more about Nissans than I do, I just thought I'd read something about mounting the roof console to the B pillar bracing.

I'd hate you to find a brace in the roof when you weren't expecting to because the brace in the D40 roof is a wide bitch of a thing but in parts is only mm's from the roof skin.

Aahh ok then, cheers mate. I just went and had quick feel around, it feels like there are a few braces that run across, but doesnt seem to be any where i would mount the spotlight, so hopefully should be ok.

Shit there is a few braces there hey! Mite just run through the holesaw and hope for the best! Haha.

Yeah and the problem I had with the console was that I could feel one through the roof lining but not the one the instructions referred too and it wasn't until I pricked a few holes through the lining I started finding the brace in the instructions.

Maybe I read what Dion was saying wrong and I'm heading off in the wrong area but I'd have thought any DC would have something like the D40.

Absolutely there is bracing on the roof, I meant the spotty through the roof of this kingcab is not braced at all. It's just through the sheet metal. Sorry about the confusion.

Latest posts

Back