Bilstein shocks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not running them, but I am considering Bilstein shocks. Front springs will be untouched, rear leaf springs will be replaced with Sax Suspension TSDS but the shocks are a toss-up between OME Nitrocharger Sports and Bilsteins.

I am preferring the Bilsteins because they're rebuildable - I'm just not sure on their heat dissipation rate (for corrugated roads). The Nitrocharger Sports are a larger, heavier duty unit (in appearance at least) that is supposed to have a superior heat dissipation rate, but I've heard some sad stories about them and they don't appear to be rebuildable.

considered toughdogs?? >> foam cells 40mm bores and good reviews for heat dissipation

unless billsteins are cheaper cause td pretty exxy

Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks

About the middle of last year I replaced my front shocks with the above. They have 3 different setting to lift to 0 to 2 inches. I think I have them set on the second setting. Bought them from the US.

I am preferring the Bilsteins because they're rebuildable - I'm just not sure on their heat dissipation rate (for corrugated roads). The Nitrocharger Sports are a larger, heavier duty unit (in appearance at least) that is supposed to have a superior heat dissipation rate, but I've heard some sad stories about them and they don't appear to be rebuildable.

Bilstein are N2 charged/monotube design, basically the best combination for fade reduction and heat dissipation you can get. They can be rebuilt but more importantly bump & rebound can be fully adjusted to any required setting. (by a Bilstein agent)
You wont get that on a OME or Toughdog.

I love my bilsteins! Turn to
Miss wombats at 100kmph is what I'm all about! Handles great!

I hope someone reads this so i dont need to start a new thread -

I have found adjustable bilstein front shocks to use with the original springs (apparently) and can adjust anywhere up to 2.75". Can anyone tell me if these are any good? Im guessing for bilstein to put their name on them then they must be a goer. I dont do much stupid stuff in my ute that requires excess articulation, and really could do with some extra clearance at the front. they are advertised at $550 a pair on ebay atm. This coupled with some raised rear springs, (or blocks for now) could see a 2" lift come in quite affordable. Any opinions?

Edit: Just found the ad on e-bay & that is what they say, the shocks will provide the lift.

Copied this from another site:

"Bilstein's ride height adjustable 5100 Series replacement shocks for coil-over design front suspension pickups utilize the vehicle's existing stock coil spring.

The 5100 Series (Ride Height Adjustable) shocks feature multiple snap-ring grooves on the body of the shock to accommodate different spring seat positions, allowing height adjustments from 0" to 2.5", depending on the application. By raising the spring seat position, the factory rake can be altered to achieve a level front to rear ride height while accommodating up to 33" diameter tires.

Bilstein's patented digressive self-adjusting valving delivers improved damping control and a smooth ride on all road surfaces at any speed.
•Zinc-plated bodies
•Self-adjusting deflecting disc valving
•High-flow piston reduces harshness
•Independent rebound & Compression Tuning
•Larger Working Piston Area for Exact Damping
•Superior Control for Large Diameter Tires"

Morticus, IMO I reckon you need to start a new thread otherwise the question will get lost in the general topic.

Last edited:
yep I've got bilsteins (& two inch lift) - great shocks - rebuildable. I've got a set of Fox shocks that I was looking at fitting under the rear, but at this stage I'm thinking against it - I think the Bilsteins are better for a street driven 4WD

Latest posts

Back