new boots

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tizz007

Reaction score
which to get st maxx or at3 most off the off roading i do do is on the beach ,do anyone here no how these tyres go on the beach which one is best

I wouldn't have a clue what is actually best on sand but my understanding is that the more aggressive a tyre, the worse it will perform on sand.

I have been shopping around for AT3's the last couple of days.

You are absolutely right Joe2006. I used to go up to Frazer three times a year and almost lived on Noosa Beach to Inskip Point. Standard road tires seem to perform more than adequately on the beach. I used to use all terrain tyre as I somtimes did tracks but they certainly weren't necessary on the beach. And the skinnier the tyre the better when you let the pressure down as they have a much longer foot print. DON'T go for fat tyres on sand. It's a misnomer that they are better. A fat tyre will have a wide but very short footprint and this won't help.
Regards Foxy.

well i went for the AT3 today new boots allround 1770 fitted for five that the cheapest i could get em for around perth , i think all the tyrepowers have a set price i tried four and all were the same apart from greenwood tyrepower who knocked me 10 dollors a tyre off, the looks much better with these on than the old grandtreks, haven had them offroad yet but will let you no how they go when i do

Hey tizz007 what size AT3 did you get? I was at my local tyrepower this morning looking at AT3 and they quoted me 399 each B&F for 265/70/R17. At least they are prepared to do a no cost trial fit to see if they will fit without rubbing. I would like to get set of 5 but will need to find another rim as don't see any point throwing away the unused spare.

Hey tizz007 what size AT3 did you get? I was at my local tyrepower this morning looking at AT3 and they quoted me 399 each B&F for 265/70/R17. At least they are prepared to do a no cost trial fit to see if they will fit without rubbing. I would like to get set of 5 but will need to find another rim as don't see any point throwing away the unused spare.

hey m8 i got 265 75 16 , no rubbing on mine but i got 2inch lift on mine, or more 30mm on the front, 399 sounds steep i got mine for 354 a corner where are you getting them from , just noticed you got 17inch rims that will be the price difference

I went to ARB yesterday & they quoted $354 for 265/75/16. One tyre shop quoted $325 & another $320. These were without any haggling.

I went to another who quoted what he said was a "competitive price" at $330
He asked if I had any other prices so seeing as he asked I BS him a bit & said $315.

He then said if I could get them for $315 to go for it but said that shops are not allowed to sell them at that price.

So it's O.K for him to go below the assumed RRP of $354?

Looks like I will order them Monday at $320 (if they have stock).

Last edited:
I went to ARB yesterday & they quoted $354 for 265/75/16. One tyre shop quoted $325 & another $320. These were without any haggling.

I went to another who quoted what he said was a "competitive price" at $330
He asked if I had any other prices so seeing as he asked I BS him a bit & said $315.

He then said if I could get them for $315 to go for it but said that shops are not allowed to sell them at that price.

So it's O.K for him to go below the assumed RRP of $354?

Looks like I will order them Monday at $320 (if they have stock).

thats an awsome price go for it ,wish i could of got mine for that price, wa prices are shit lol

Cant remember what I got quoted on at3 in 265 75 16. But I paid $350 a Tyre for the st maxx in the same size, would of thought the at3 would be a bit cheaper

Cant remember what I got quoted on at3 in 265 75 16. But I paid $350 a Tyre for the st maxx in the same size, would of thought the at3 would be a bit cheaper

how finding the st maxx in the sand , cheapest i could get the st maxx for was 380

Latest posts

Back