Show us your recovery points.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatBoy89

Reaction score
Starting to think using an equalizer strap off the bullbar mounts is a tad sketchy after seeing steel bullbar mounts being smaller than the alloy bar.
Show Us all what you have.

Was surprised when i replaced my alloy bar for a steel winch bar at the difference in the mounts, Alloy bar had heavier duty mounts than the steel bar does, go figure

Was surprised when i replaced my alloy bar for a steel winch bar at the difference in the mounts, Alloy bar had heavier duty mounts than the steel bar does, go figure

Not sure what you mean, but the rule of thumb for using Aluminium on the job was double the thickness of the steel for the same strength and 1/3 rd saving in weight.

checkout http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=9452 for pics of mine and a few others with plenty of info.

the alloy bar mounts are made from steel, they're pretty heavy duty must be about 8-10mm where the eyelets are that can be used for recovery, some people dont recommend it but i think they'd be pretty solid, i know people habe used them before. definately be ok for a straight on recovery.

the steel bar mounting brackets are only about 3-4mm, not really sure why this is.
you could get away with a stright line recovery, but i wouldnt want it to be too big of a recovery. any sideways force and they'd bend easily.

personally i'd always use an equilizer strap to reduce the stress on any one particular point.

Hey Scotty, I'm interested to, i need some for the new nav, how long til you get around to making them do you think?

IMAG0077.jpg

These homemade jobbies seem to work pretty well.

definately cant see them coming off in a hurry tommy. i like the idea of the hooks over the eyelets too.

tommy222220_0 said:
These homemade jobbies seem to work pretty well.

Have you got any dimensions? I have a metal shop that'll do the job..

Here is mine.
Pretty strong (overkilled) gives me 2 recovery options: Hook if the car is stuck badly it will open and let go the snatch strap (no shackle). If underwater it gives better access, easy to hook the snatch strap. The shackle it's a much solid recovery point good for towing.
As i said they are probably overkilled but I enjoyed making them and i like the look of them.

Attachments

• Image075.jpg
    Image075.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 561
  • Image074.jpg
    Image074.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 447
  • Image076.jpg
    Image076.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 384
Have you got any dimensions? I have a metal shop that'll do the job..

Yeah, pretty sure I've put them in another thread. Try the search feature.

definately cant see them coming off in a hurry tommy. i like the idea of the hooks over the eyelets too.

cheers mate. Need to paint the bright yellow so I can see 'em when burried in mud.

tommy222220_0 said:
Yeah, pretty sure I've put them in another thread. Try the search feature.

cheers mate. Need to paint the bright yellow so I can see 'em when burried in mud.

Yeap can't find them anywhere

Here is mine.
Pretty strong (overkilled) gives me 2 recovery options: Hook if the car is stuck badly it will open and let go the snatch strap (no shackle). If underwater it gives better access, easy to hook the snatch strap. The shackle it's a much solid recovery point good for towing.
As i said they are probably overkilled but I enjoyed making them and i like the look of them.

where can i get them form mate?? needed a strap pull last night and had no where to do it from,

What size and pitch are the bolts that go
Into the chassis does anyone know?

Latest posts

Back