295 bucks! for a basic service

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navdog_d40

Reaction score
I no to a lot of you $295 bucks is not a lot but to me at the moment with work it is.

i have a stalling prob with my car on hills and they wont do the warranty unless i spend 295 bucks on a basic service and that's without even knowing what the problem is .

im really starting to hate Nissan Freentreegully why should i have to pay for your over priced service and keep bringing this car back to you for witch i paid 30'000 thousand dollars for sold me something that's not working like it should suck it up and fix it.

im just over it and it always hurts more when works slowing up .

anyways thats my rant.

Until some idiot makes car servicing a legal requirement no company can force on you car services you don't want or need before they make a warranty claim. They can suggest one job needs the other completed and they can technically make warranty claims harder but they can't do as you are suggesting.

Take it to another dealer.

will another dealer touch it tho?? it dint come from them why would they wont the problems.
plus im just going on what the bloke said on the phone

Oh no probably not, I forgot you brought it second hand. I was thinking it was a new car warranty.

Still I'm fairly sure there is laws against them telling you that you must do a service before they will look at a potential warranty issue.

Bloke, call consumer affairs & check out what your rights are before you go much further.

I'm not in possession of all the facts, but it sounds to me like they're screwing you. If you have a warranty claim they should attend to that regardless of any other issues.

How old Is the car? If its used car dealer warranty and you didn't service it there they are under no obligation to look at it, it will most probably be harrier used car warranty. I believe that's who they use:. If you dont service it there and you are out of new warranty you have no say unfortunately.
And it won't be the dealer who is saying no its the private insurer.

Yeah but FB the way the above reads they are refusing to even look at the problem before he gets a service, not refusing work based on servicing elsewhere.

Even second hand warranties surely don't stipulate that the buyer has to have a service before a warranty can be considered.

KraftyPg said:
Yeah but FB the way the above reads they are refusing to even look at the problem before he gets a service, not refusing work based on servicing elsewhere.

Even second hand warranties surely don't stipulate that the buyer has to have a service before a warranty can be considered.

Unfortunately they do. The dealer has no obligation to look at it free of charge if the customer has no followed the contract terms.
The dealer does not get payed to have unpaid time on that vehicle.
Most dealers will look at the vehicle first, but they can refuse to waste time on said vehicle if they will make no money on it.
Used car warranties actually pay more than NVW.
So if it is a claim they will not denie the job.
If the client does not agree to the service that is due then there is no obligation whatsoever for the dealer to look at the vehicle

That's not the way I read the above, the way I read it says they are refusing to even consider a warranty without first servicing the vehicle. There is no mention of the vehicle being serviced elsewhere.

They are essentially holding the owner to ransom by saying they wont even do anything until the owner forks over $300 for a service. There is no mention of the car even needing a service. It's all good and well to have a contract stating that the servicing must be done at that dealership but there is nothing to say that it must be done before any other work.

Yes, if the vehicle hasn't been serviced 6 monthly then it will be an issue. If it is not due then these guys are morons.

I'm only going by the information presented and he doesn't mention whether he's over due for a service or done anything else against the warranty. So with luck he's not and he will have grounds to get something done,

KraftyPg said:
I'm only going by the information presented and he doesn't mention whether he's over due for a service or done anything else against the warranty. So with luck he's not and he will have grounds to get something done,

Hopefully this is true.

If you read his other thread about the Nav cutting out, theres mention made of fuel filter and when last changed, if the utes due for a service they could be thinking fuel filter if its nearly due for a service.

Yeah I was waiting for an answer in that thread to see where he was at with his kilometers and whether or not the fuel filter might have been replaced already.

If that's the case it should have had the filter done 9000ks ago (40k, 80K 120K etc). If it was sold with 129K on it and they did the 130K service there wouldn't have been a need for a filter change, and there wouldn't be a need for it until 160K.

However until more information arrives it's all up in the air as to who's right and who's wrong.

Used car servicing is basic services unless the customer asks for log book servicing. He will have a different log book also

Depends on the warranty no? The staturatry 3 month warranty does not hinge on servicing. Guess we need more from OP.

Latest posts

Back