295 bucks! for a basic service

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's had it longer than 3 months so the stat warranty is probably past. But there still is too many differing views and not enough real evidence.

im back .. yeah i bought it with a 127,000 it has now done 130,000

im going to call them and tell them i want them to fix it but im not servicing threw them as there cost to much i can get my local mechanic to do it for way less than that.. he can still sign the book i always service the car when due .

but they are putting me under pressure to pay the 290 bucks before they will do anything...

also the car is not for sale anymore im keeping it ...i just dont no how to remove the add of gumtree

Well as FB says second hand car warranties are different and they can hold you to servicing. They still can't force you into doing a service that's not due before they do any warranty work because that's illegal but if it's over due for a service they can make you service under their terms and conditions.

Edit: read the documents you signed when you brought the car they will probably stipulate your servicing conditions and breaking those will result in no warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:
fair enough... might as well just never take it back to nissan cause there useless .

local mechanic it is.

navdog_d40 said:
fair enough... might as well just never take it back to nissan cause there useless .

local mechanic it is.

How long have you had it since purchase? They have to look at it If it's been less than 6 months. Service or not. If its close to 6 months it's not the dealers problem if you won't service it as the insurance company covering the used warranty will not pay them. Read your contract terms and make sure you're within reason and you have a leg to stand on. They can not denie the work

If it's serviced when due, and assuming a service is not due soon, then they are simply strong-arming you into spending money with them (it's usually called blackmailing someone and it's very illegal).

Check all of your facts, re-read contracts & stand your ground!

nakedape said:
if it's serviced when due, and assuming a service is not due soon, then they are simply strong-arming you into spending money with them (it's usually called blackmailing someone and it's very illegal).

Check all of your facts, re-read contracts & stand your ground!

^^^^ 100%!!!

iv had it for close to five months i don't drive it everyday its only just gone over the km on the sticker in the window that says due for service .. 3000km after i bought it i have to do a service it seems a little early i no its around every 5000km but to me even that's not much ..

If its close to
6 months the insurer will want you to service it
Otherwise they probably won't help

Latest posts

Back