diff overhaul job grows

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARENTSEN_11

Reaction score
G'day everyone,

I had a pretty shit hot mechanic lock my rear diff up today....end result not so good....because most of my frictions plates were shagged...he has done loads of other diffs beforehand and was super confident that it was going to be 100% locked until it was all back together and wheels were on and had done a road test....it is still miles better than it was but he wasn't completly happy with it...i looked into a genuine nissan lsd kit for it only to find out it is about $1700.00 then you have to get it installed.

I don't want a locker...!!!

mechanic suggested i should be able to get a whole new lsd centre for it...???
anyone know anything or have done this....???
does anyone possibly have any other suggestions....???

hey mate i had my diff let go on me a couple of months ago most wreckers wont seperate navara diffs i hunted around for ages sounds too me ur best bet is too find a second hand diff which will be cheaper i got mine rebuild for 2200 with a 12 month warranty up too ur personal choice i do alot of high way driving and towing

old mate was shattered when he tested it once it was done and has said too me if i can get the friction plate or clutch pack kit he would fit it for nothing. He mentioned it may be cheaper or the same price to get a detroit auto-locker or a complete new lsd centre and h'e'd fit that instead...just trying to work out which option will have the best outcome

Don't know if it helps but I saw a LSD from a 2012 d22 on eBay that was removed for a locker for $250 might still be on there

I've got a 1000km old 2010 LSD Centre that was removed for a airlocker if you're interested.

send me an email @ xtturbo [at] me.com if you're interested

hey scotty, lucky for you, you have an r200 already in the front of yours, so there is a million different aftermarket lsd's out there to fit, kaaz, cusco, those sort of brands, remember, your front diff is the same as basicly every single irs nissan/datsan since the 70's..... you can usually find one cheap enough from the silvia/200sx forums.... and if you di go down that route, i'd be happy to buy your open centre for cheap from you for my 180sx project :)

on a side note, does anyone know if an lsd centre for an r200 could be used in a c200 diff from the diesel d22 navs? if so it will work for alot of people out there (including myself) that want a tight rear diff for the road aswell as the bush, for those that want something like an airlocker offroad but still stable on road

I'm interested in it xtturbo. I want to LSD my front diff. How much.

Hey Buddy,

Mayb we could look after each other - I'm keen on a set of your rock sliders :)

I was asking about $200 for it, but in your case, it would be $200 + chat + ride in your beast :p ;)

on a side note, does anyone know if an lsd centre for an r200 could be used in a c200 diff from the diesel d22 navs? if so it will work for alot of people out there (including myself) that want a tight rear diff for the road aswell as the bush, for those that want something like an airlocker offroad but still stable on road

I was under the impression that LSD Centres were standard on the diesel d22 navs? at least, mine was...

I was under the impression that LSD Centres were standard on the diesel d22 navs? at least, mine was...

@xtturbo, yeah they were on all 4wd models but seeing as mine is an 06 and has done 160k's it's no longer tight enough and makes for crappy handling on the road and is useless offroad, only time it will spin both wheels is when it's wet or muddy, even then if you turn a tight enough turn it will spin one in the wet, annoying when your trying to do a u turn and have traffic coming and go to accelerate just to get a hektik single tyre fire going on while you just sit there not going anywhere.

i think alot of people on here would prefer a really tight lsd (sort of like mine was brand new) intead of a locker just for the better road manners aswell as increased off road ability

Ill be pulling a r200 front diff setup out of a pathfinder verry shortly.
I hope to fit a r200 s13 lsd center to it, otherwise i also have a c200 lsd centre to test fit to. When it all gets done ill be shiming the diff to factory tightness for the front.

I changed my rear to a h233b setup and the lsd is really worn. Im most likley getting the pathy rear h233b LSD centre and shiming that to over factory specs, as i quite prefer the almost locked feel in the rear.

There is lots of videos online of doing r200 lsd rebuilds etc, so im hopefull i can do this all myself. there is a fair bit of info online about the h233b so hopefully i can get that done myself to. Ill make a video when i finaly get around to it, but might be a few months off.

Latest posts

Back