D40 Sliders

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsullivan1986

Reaction score
Hey all,

Quick question. Has anyone installed the xrox Sliders to there D40. If so how do you find them and were they difficult to mount.
I am looking at some for my 2010 ST-X as i smashed my original steps off on the weekend.

It was a good though :)

i looked at the xrox sliders but if you want quality check out scottys sliders thread i have them on my d40 and are tough as.

Welding them onto the chassis is the best design for the D40 because of the issues you have with brake and fuel lines. I would be pissed right off if I was in the middle of WA and had no fuel or brakes due to your lines rubbing threw on a slider bracket.

Hello Scotty,

Thanks for the info. I have already ordered the xrox though. But in saying that once i get my body lift done i will be happy to weld one the the chassis to suite.

Unfortinatly i was sort of in a rush because i go out next weekend with the patrol4x4 crew and i needed a rockslider since i no longer own a step :violin2:

How much are your sliders and shipping cost to WA so i know when i am ready.

They are fuel lines... they run from one side to the other. it seems pointless but maybe in europe they run them over near the exhaust to pre heat the deisel, who knows... but i have had to place rubber between the lines and bashplate bolts on the cross member and also dissconnect them to install my exrox sliders.. btw the exrox are pretty strong have hit mine pretty hard and all good. the fitting was ok. just a litle bit to grinding of the rear brackets and the front brackets to get them to fit up nice and tight.... and a little bit of rubber between the rear u bolt and fuel line... i was initially going to fit scottys sliders but couldent trust anyone localy to weld them on correstly and couldent figure out how to rust proof the inside of the chassis rail after welding as it would burn the paint off.

Hey 4 naving! Decided i'd come be a member on the site. Like you say heaps of good info mate!

I still haven't fitted up the back U-bolt's properly since they had to supply me with larger U-bolts to go around chassis. I think that the xrox guys need a little better quality control, since you seem to have had an easier time installing than me. Is yours spanish?

They are fuel lines... they run from one side to the other. it seems pointless but maybe in europe they run them over near the exhaust to pre heat the deisel, who knows... but i have had to place rubber between the lines and bashplate bolts on the cross member and also dissconnect them to install my exrox sliders.. btw the exrox are pretty strong have hit mine pretty hard and all good. the fitting was ok. just a litle bit to grinding of the rear brackets and the front brackets to get them to fit up nice and tight.... and a little bit of rubber between the rear u bolt and fuel line... i was initially going to fit scottys sliders but couldent trust anyone localy to weld them on correstly and couldent figure out how to rust proof the inside of the chassis rail after welding as it would burn the paint off.

If people are that concerned about rust proofing, instead of welding the flat plate with threaded holes you could have it bent into this shape [ and then just weld down either side this would also allow 4 nuts to be welded to the plate instead of tapping threads and would also allow more room for longer bolts.

Im sure if you wanted this, Scotty would work something out.

The other thing is there are allot of companies welding to the chassis, Scotty is not the only one, its actually pretty common.

Sit the slider where it needs to sit. Mark it and grind the paint off where it needs to be welded. Tack them on. With an oxy heat the area up to be welded then weld. The chassis and the weld cool down at the same rate therefore not interfering with the integrity of the steel. Paint the welded area with etch primer then paint in black enamel. If you are worried about water getting behind the plate silicon the top and bottom of the plate.

Latest posts

Back