K&N filter for D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hootie

Reaction score
Is a K&N Filter available for the 3l diesel D22.? A mate of mine is trying to get me one but the bloke he is talking to says he cant find a part no for it. He's only got one for the 3l Patrol.

Thank's Guy's if you could get that part no Kitch that would be great, otherwise it looks like a Uni is the go.

ya, I checked a couple on K&N suppliers and they all said that we cant get one for the d22 cos they dont use that motor in the US so they dont bother making them.Shame as I wanted to try one out. If anyone else has found a similar performing air filter please let us all know about it!!

if you have read the threads on K&N filters you will know why i wouldn't recommend one.
i would go measure up a 3l patrol air filter setup and see if it will fit under the bonnet.

well i have a uni filter and i dont think there very good, they dont fit properly, they leak oil everywhere in ya intake, im thinking about going back to a standard air filter.

I have to use K & N oil on my filter because dust goes straight through it, Thailand built D40 use a different air filter, they are total crap, smaller and thinner than the spainish one, but at the moment there are no alternatives.
Nissan are inspecting my turbo next Friday for damage caused by dust/dirt.

i was thinking about going to a afe air filter, there more like an k&n filter.
i saw them on ebay.

The afe airfilters are great, i have not seen too much info compared to the k&n, but if what tweak'e is talking about (the testing/ failure of the k&n on F1) its a load of crap for a std/ road car compared to a F1 race car.. No offense Tweak'e i know you know your stuff.. no matter what it comes down to choice wise in aftermarket air filters usually it is the oil added.. too much it greases up, too little and it lets dust through... as bad as it sounds the std air filter is usually the go if you want reliability and longish service life..

cheers mark..

dunno about the F1 thing.

there is someone who has has their own proper testing plus other 4x4 guys have noiticed lots of fine dust coating the inside of the manifolds.
not much of a problem for older diesels, its just makes the engine oil go black quicker. its the ones with MAF sensors that cop the worse.

at one stage i recall K&N saying their filters where not suitable for diesels.

the problem is they let through the very fine dust. its a trade off, flow for filtering ability. that's not a big problem say on a petrol engine as they on average use a lot less air than a diesel.
diesels, especially turbo diesels, use huge amounts of air hence they can ingest large amounts of dust which is where the problems start.

Latest posts

Back