Reverse light switch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what do you mean by reverse light switch? Because when you select reverse in the gearbox there is like a switch/solenoid which then activates a relay to turn on the reverse lights! If u want to hook up dually lights reverse spotlight your best option would be to tap into rear taillight loom, use a relay to activate a 12v power source from battery then positive to your lights and earth out on body!

I know this is an OLD post but I didn't want to start another thread.....

I've recently installed a reverse camera on the D22 and have found my reversing lights working intermittingly.... I'm thinking its got more to do the Reversing Switch on the Gearbox.
Can someone tell me where abouts I can find this switch on the G'box and what colours the wires might be?

I can't tell you the colours but as per other threads on the forum the switch is on the drivers side of the gearbox. The manual shows it's location and possibly the wires but I don't have one handy on this computer.

Cheers for that...... I'll have a look for it tomorrow.

By unplugging the plug and checking the continuity of the switch will tell me whether its stuffed or not? When NOT in Reverse, should there be a open circuit reading or the opposite?

Fcuk now you're testing the brain cells.

It's been a long time since I played with a reverse switch I think it goes open circuit when the switch is active because a common problem used to be getting dirt in the switch and the reverse lights would stay on permanently.

Someone else (one of those who have been involved in the recent reverse switch threads maybe) might be able to confirm or shoot down my theory.

They are a Cu%T to get out, I just had mine changed after having no reverse lights for a couple of months. I cant recall which one is the reverse and which one is the neutral position switch but I think they are fairly close to each other. If you lights are still working you can test it bu unplugging one of the switches and chucking it into reverse and see if the lights work or start the car and chuck on the glow plug warmer/high idle switch and see if it brings the revs up, I believe it wont if you have the NPS unplugged.

Latest posts

Back