Nissan Towbar Question...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojo

Reaction score
Stupid question about new towbar I had installed. It is one of those removable ones, genuine Nissan. I had to use it on the weekend. When I insert it, it is loose as, I can put bits of cardboard around it and still fit it in. Is this normal ? It looks as if they have given me something one size smaller. Maybe it is just the cheap Thai manufacturing now ? (Or maybe I 'm just being annoying :))
Seriously, is their different sizes ? There isn't is there ?

I did not think there were, im sure its 50mm od square..

cheers mark.

Many are very loose, esp newer ones I've noticed. The missus' parents have a Klugger and the towbar on that is so loose it rattles (thunks) like crazy.

Could be a reason for the smaller size, prevent binding or something.

Some of them have a bolt in the bottom (think X-trail does but its dark and cold out) that you can do up to stop it rattling. However that becomes a pain in the butt when you want to remove it of course.

yeah few cars now have a bolt at the bottom to take up the slack.....but my navs is a good fit..

My Nav was a little loose from factory, enough to annoy me when towing (clunking) just put some sticky backed thin foam around the square neck before inserting, works a treat, still fairly easy to remove when needed. Cheers.

check who actually made it. Nissan don't make them it will be n after market crowd. out "guenuine Nissan" one is made by Best Bars.
its tight as. had to hit it out with a hammer. put a heap of grease in there and sealed the end up by stuffing plastic bags in it. otherwise it fills up with mud which gets between the two and jams it in.

my best bars one is tight also... i leave the hitch out when not in use anyway.. too many on ebay stolen off other cars. i believe nissan aust use hayman reece towbars?

my best bars one is tight also... i leave the hitch out when not in use anyway.. too many on ebay stolen off other cars. i believe nissan aust use hayman reece towbars?

It varies who Nissan Aust use. I have one from a manufacturer I've never heard of, but that was the 80s.

Stolen hitches... What a genius way to create a circular market. I'd never thought of that.

The thought did cross my mind, I might go and buy a padlock. I don't usually have it on, but I have left it on because I am too lazy....
Anyway, might take up advice and jam something in to keep it quite.
Stolen hitches... What a genius way to create a circular market. I'd never thought of that.

My tow bar is tight as. Can be a bitch to get out at times.

I sprayed the tongue with anti sieze and its alot easier to get out now.

Dave.

i just leave mine behind the backseat till i need it. clearance killer!

same story, mines loose too. i cant remember name but made by hayman reese. thin rubber conveyor belt fixed it. get one of those lock pins to stop it being pinched. $25 and it aint goin no where without the combo. great for when ur perched on a bank out bush, stressed out and cant remember whos f#cking b/day the combo is lol

Latest posts

Back