Wtf!!! Exedy hd clutch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig09

Reaction score
I put a HD EXEDY clutch in my 04 D22 just over 3 months ago.been used for just over 2 months as the ute has been at the mechanics
just got an update from my mechanic who is putting my new engine in,the plan was to transfer the EXEDY HD to my new engine however he has told me it is stuffed,he has no gain by saying this as he will show me it and the new engine has a good condition clutch anyway so really he would get more coin if he put the EXEDY in.
so my question is WTF went wrong with the EXEDY HD???
and what are my chances off getting my money back for it????
also no i have not thrashed it,ill admit i havnt treated it like a new born but i sure havent abbused it.
cheers

Last edited:
he said its got heat spots and is really worn,was suprised it hasnt started slipping.
the rear main was replaced with the clutch and he didnt say anything about it so i dont think thats it

did you fit it if not you will probably find the mechanic had a mate with a d22 and you ended up with his mates clutched and his mate has a 3 month old excedy clutch :p

he is a repco authorized mechanic,LM MOTORS TOWNSVILLE.
i think it might be a bit doggy,i cant see how one of the best clutchs on the market (from what ive heard) took only 2 and a half months to shit itself

yes very iffy mate, is it even an excedy clutch thats in there or has he just told you that and shoved some second handy in there

I take it the bloke working on it now is not the same bloke who put the clutch in. If thats the case i would be ringing exedy and asking for a rep to inspect it and showing any receipts you may have

deffently exedy,there hot pink gives them away haha.
however he charged me 950 for the clutch which furiated me because i was qouted 750.will be paying him a visit tommorow

I take it the bloke working on it now is not the same bloke who put the clutch in. If thats the case i would be ringing exedy and asking for a rep to inspect it and showing any receipts you may have

different blokes.wont ever go to him or another repco representitive again.the bloke i have it at now is pretty good.
will ring exedy tommorow,problem is the bloke i have it with now has said the other mechanic will blame it on wear and tear,is there a way that exedy can date it,or say if its a dud or something?

haha i know,dont think i could do a clutch in that time if i tried!!!
hopefully exedy can see the sence in it and help me out,id be happy with just a new replacement as from what ive heard exedy are a very good clutch.
by the time i get it sorted the new engine will be in,but the clutch on it (i think its stock) is very good condition.so i will keep the exedy hd replacement (if i get 1) as a spare.

haha i know,dont think i could do a clutch in that time if i tried!!!
hopefully exedy can see the sence in it and help me out,id be happy with just a new replacement as from what ive heard exedy are a very good clutch.
by the time i get it sorted the new engine will be in,but the clutch on it (i think its stock) is very good condition.so i will keep the exedy hd replacement (if i get 1) as a spare.

I got over 370,000km out of a stock D22 clutch and it was still going good when the car went, so if the one on the new motor is good you should right for allot of km

thats not right, look into this craig, im just about to install a new 4Terrain in mine. If for some reason they won't reimburse you for the clutch and if your interested i can get one for you a 4Terrain for $580.

Cheers

I got over 370,000km out of a stock D22 clutch and it was still going good when the car went, so if the one on the new motor is good you should right for allot of km

thats a bloody good run!!
its in really good nick so id say it has alot of life left in it,wait and see i guess.

thats not right, look into this craig, im just about to install a new 4Terrain in mine. If for some reason they won't reimburse you for the clutch and if your interested i can get one for you a 4Terrain for $580.

Cheers

ill be calling them as soon as i get a chance,and will visit the mechanic this arvo.i just dont see how its possible if it was new to be stuffed after only 2 1/2 months of use.
thanks mate,will see how i go and let you know.
are you going to do a write up on your install?i was going to do my last one by myself and know im kicking myself even harder then before that i didnt

Yer i will do a write up/ picture gallery as i think it wouldn't hurt considering the lack of info on DIY clutch threads.

Latest posts

Back