low power need MORE GRRRR

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jockyboy

Reaction score
Hi Guy's

i live in perth but just a little info i have a 2.5 turbo diesel nissan navara d40 but want more power than this what can buy i get (add onns) to get more POWER.

Have a search for chips and exhaust you will find all the info you need. Cheers Willie

As above. The chip will give you the most benefit. Exhaust change may or may not work - it really depends. I think Northside 4x4 showed us a dyno chart of a 2.5L diesel running the standard exhaust vs a 3" exhaust and the change was so small it wasn't worth the expense - but I can't recall if that engine was chipped or not.

There are a bucketload of things you can do, including (not all of these are recommended):

* EGR block
* Chip
* Larger exhaust
* More efficient intercooler (eg water-to-air)
* Larger turbocharger
* Petrol injection
* LPG injection
* Water injection
* Alcohol injection

The problem with large power increases is longevity and reliability. While our diesels are strong, they aren't KW engines and the more you ask of them, the shorter their lifespan will be (and that includes the entire drivetrain).

If it's for 4WDing, you might consider getting lockers to improve traction. A front locker is absolutely vital, as a spinning front wheel landing hard will almost certainly cause damage to the front axle assembly (CV, axle, diff).

Fitting a catch can won't boost your performance but will remove some sludge from the air intake, so it has a longer-term benefit. Clean your intercooler out (with petrol) afterwards (and let it dry!) to remove any sludge from inside it.

Anyway, if you're interested in power first, take a read of this thread by Northside 4x4. It goes into fantastic detail about the available chips for your car and that's really where I'd start if I was looking for more ponies.

Latest posts

Back