Trailer harness removal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgermasi

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I need to remove my rear bar but i'm stuck with the trailer harness removal.
I can see the 2 connectors but there is another cable that goes somewhere (not sure where) of which I can't see any connector.
I thought it should not be too hard but I can't work it out, any help please?
Thanks a lot

The factory harness has 2 plugs, well a plug and a socket.The 5 core runs from that.Facory wiring would be a single harness to the trailer connector.However if there is another wire it could be for trailer brakes or aux power. Best way would be to remove it from the trailer connector and tape it up for now until you have time to trace it through.

Standard 5 cores are left indicator, right indicator, park light, brake light and earth. There is a separate wire for trailer brakes and also for reversing lights (not usually connected, because you don't often see trailers with reversing lights). The electric brake wire is usually left out as well, because unless you're towing heavy, you don't need 'em.

They may have hooked up the reversing light wire. The standard harness probably only addresses the first five - which includes the earth - so maybe check in behind your tail lights for the other one.

Maybe you can reverse engineer it and go from the plug backwards to see what it is

w6.JPG

7 pin flat plug & socket

1 left hand turn - yellow

2 reverse - black

3 earth - white

4 right hand turn - green

5 electric brakes - blue

6 stop - red

7 tail, clearance, side markers - brown

Latest posts

Back