Dick Cepek / Mickey Thompson FC2

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nisnav40

Reaction score
Has anybody tried these tires "Dick Cepek / Mickey Thompson FC2 265/75x16" on Navara and if so what are your thoughts?
Cheers Nisnav40

Last edited:
Hi Nisnav,

I've just ordered a set to pick up on Thursday so I'll beable to let you know after that. I did alot of reading around. Everyone loves the MTZ's but I don't do enough Mud driving to warrent a set so I figured the FC II's were the next logical choice. All the Mickey Thompson tires seem to get a good review, It's just a matter of picking the tread pattern that suits you IMO.

Cheers,
James.

mates got 305's on his cruiser, loves em! had 285's prior, not sure how many k's he got but they didn't need replacing so i grabbed 3 of em for my trailer, bastard kept the 4th for his spare otherwise theyd be on my nav.
as far as i'm concerned theres only 2 choices, either mt's or coopers, whatever you choose you can't go wrong

I had 31's DC 11's on my old hilux surf and they were awesome tyres, lead me thru the red tracks at cruiser park with ease...good on and off road and low to no noise

Thanks Guys ,
Am on the Sunny Coast and don't much mud work .
Looks like the FC2'S are the go .
Cheers,
Nisnav40

guys whats the main difference from these and the MT atz 4 rib... both suggest 60/40 road/offroad. anyone have experience with both. which should last longer or is better on road/offroad. thanks

guys whats the main difference from these and the MT atz 4 rib... both suggest 60/40 road/offroad. anyone have experience with both. which should last longer or is better on road/offroad. thanks
Hi Woznme ,
From what I have read . The 4 rib MT has a terrible habbit of picking up small stones and due to the sipes has problem releasing them.
The FC2 has a more aggressive tread but does not pruduce the road noise of a mud tire .
I am due for tires and have done much research and have got the views of many people using all combinations and have now come to the conclusion that the FC2 offers the best overall performance for my usage.
Will let you know how they perform in the near future.
Cheers,
Nisnav40

Ordered the Cepeks .
5 x 265/75x16.
Should have them on in a few days, yahooooooo.

got mickys in the MTZ bout 2 months ago great tyres cant fault them cost was $355 for 285/75/r16 the 4 rib ATZ were $10 cheeper

mickey thompsons

Hi Nisnav,

Have been reading the reviews myself, and the pirelli scorpions seems to do well in most conditions...

I use to run pirellis on my toyota years ago, but dont see too many on 4x4s like M/Ts and coopers and duellers

I will be interested to read what you think of your new shoes as well.

MG

Hi Nisnav,

Have been reading the reviews myself, and the pirelli scorpions seems to do well in most conditions...

I use to run pirellis on my toyota years ago, but dont see too many on 4x4s like M/Ts and coopers and duellers

I will be interested to read what you think of your new shoes as well.

MG
\

Hi mermaidgem,
We must have read the same review .
Thats was the review that had the Scorpion coming out on top overall against a very capable field of competitors .
It was a good review.
I require a tyre that will stand up to Outback roads "sharp rocks etc" without tearing lugs 0ff & chipping.The FC2 seems to fit that bill.
Will keep you posted as to my adventures with the FC2"s
Cheers,
Nisnav40

Last edited:
Fcii

I have been running these in 265/75/16 for around 20,000km. Up in the NT, they have performed well on the gravel roads, rocks, sand and were better than most AT's in the mud. They so far have shown no sign of damage. I do find I need to drop a bit of pressure out of them for high speed gravel roads, compared to my previous tyres which were Cooper ST's they are not quite as good on high speed gravel but beat them every where else, especially straight line braking on the road in the wet. One strange point is they make noise on really smooth blacktop, but not any noticably different on normal course chip stuff that is around, doesn't really worry me as there isn't much of that around here. I have been very impressed by them so far.

Got Dick Cepek 265 75 16's fitted yesterday.
$310 a piece fitted and balanced.
I went these instead of a full mud tyre because I am doing an average of 1500km's a week on the highway but want an aggressive touring tyre for the weekends. First impressions are the noise - not much but definitely greater than the dueler AT's. Probably not as much as a full mud pattern though. The tread blocks are quite open with very square shoulders and so should assist in climbing out of slippery ruts. Have read some reviews where they are rated better in the mud than MTZ's so lets see how they go.
Best bit? 80 000km warranty.

Latest posts

Back