VG30 d21 speedo drive

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04SilverSTR

Reaction score
Hi all,

my neighbor has just picked up 1994 single cab VG30 powered ute, now the speedo wasnt working so they went to the wreckers and got a cable, but it turns out it is a electronic speedo, what i was wondering is if somwone could point me in the direction of the sensor wire the should run down to the box.

eg. where is starts in the engine bay?

cheers
bryan

yeah that is under the passenger seat i think, what i need to know it what the plug looks like? i guess it could be similar to my d22 so i will check it out tomorrow. the brief look i had at it today was that i couldnt see any loose wires around where the speedo sensor would go on the gear box.

bryan

SOOOOO it turns out that the ute was auto and has been converted to manual.

so anyone out know where to plug in the speedo sensor once we get one??

cheers
bryan

Do you know the gearbox model?

Thinking outside the square, you could use a cheap GPS unit as a speedo. It might get you out of strife until you can sort out the real speedo if nothing else.

I've only seen two gearboxes - one manual (86) and one auto (92) and both have the same speedo drive in the side of the transfer box (driver's side). Both mechanical speedos though, not electrical.

nar we dont know the gearbox type, it does has the bolt hole to one side to hole the speedo drive in the box.

any one know how to ID the box? it is a 2wd so thats a start.

wheres Dion when you need him? lol

cheers
bryan

Latest posts

Back