To those who say 285's scrub....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobez

Reaction score
Just fitted 285/75/16 Dick Cepek FCII's to my 2006 D40 STX. Used the factory wheels (16x7) with the +20 offset. Nav has 70mm lift rear and 60mm front with the spacers / coils. Full lock i could barely JUST hear a slight scrub, remedied that with an airsaw and a few tek screws.

Lifted the Nav another inch all round on top of the front and rear lift kit :)

Attachments

• image-3172225563.jpg
    image-3172225563.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 507
  • image-3498340498.jpg
    image-3498340498.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 506
  • image-1759060693.jpg
    image-1759060693.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 431
Not yet as i only got them yesterday. They will scrub flexed on full lock but not heaps. I got the 15mm spacers up front ON TOP of the lift to keep that minimum. There is still an inch between the guards and the tyre when pointed straight all round, and a fair bit of room when full locked. The scrubbing wont be heaps.

Thanks mate im wrapt with them. Blokes on the Patrol forum are claiming over 80,000kms on them before needing new ones. They are a tad noisy but not much.

Looks great!

You replied to my pm but for some reason it was off. I looked at my settings and seems to be on from what I can gather.

Anyway those spacers were they the 10mm ones for about a 15mm extra lift and or the spacers are 15mm themselves? How much clearance does it leave you between the UCA and the coil bucket? Just thinking of small spacer myself on top of my raised springs and don't want to F' it up. Reply in the thread will do.

Many thanks Cobez

No probs mate! 15mm Ironman spacers were $70 a pair, gave me 30mm extra up front. There is a good 20mm all around the coil and bucket, no knocking at all. Even my CV's are still straight give or take a milimetre. Thats after two alignments

Thanks mate, just the type of info I'm after. Still have 65mm down travel here (but heavy steel bar) so will give the 15mm jobs a go. Good news is, the bloke who done the lift said the camber adjusters where not maxed out . So here is hoping, should be able to retain the factory UCA's and no after market offset camber adjusters and all will be sweet.

Interesting to note while checking noticed there is a predrilled hole and little backing plate inside the the "U" channel of the control arms so there may be some bump stops available for them. Will do some research on that one.

Rather have the occaisional contact on down travel as opposed to bottoming on compression like I had before.

Yeah there is a heap of room still, UCA's are well clear of the bucket and i was surprised that the CV's were still straight after the lift, spacers and tyres. They are maybe a mm off but nothing to worry about anytime soon.

just be careful running spacers, seen many a broken coilover from them.

Oh yeah, that's why I am a little cautious about doing so but in my circumstances 15mm shouldn't be to OTT. Still have a bit of down travel to play with, if anything more concered about stress on the upper balll joints. No serious off roading or checking out how much flex it's has. Although maybe prudent to replace upper ball joints before expected life span or onset of sloppyness.

Ahh that type of spacer. More like a spring packer than spacer on top of the strut.

Edit: So have to pull the strut apart to fit that. Hmm. Was gunna do the spacer myself don't have a spring compressor to go about it that way. Plot thickens.

Last edited:
Gday Cobez,first up thats a sweet looking ute and thanks for the rubber,suits my needs perfectly. :cheers!:
I've noticed you saying that the factory 16x7 STX rims are offset 20.
I have two sets of factory STX 16X7 alloys and they are both offset 30.
The offset is written(part of the cast on one of the spokes(on the inside).
Or have you worked out the offset in a different way?
Not sure what the tai offset is.
Cheers,Ian.

Ah my bad i thought they were +20 offset?

Full lock right hand down i just noticed before they scrub a little when i was reversing out of the shops, but sounds like they are rubbing on the inner plastic guard as opposed to the chassis. Nothing the ol' Kawasaki airsaw and some tek screws wont fix on the weekend! I'll let you fellas know all the clearance measurements on the weekend when i have some time to do it properley :)

No probs mate! 15mm Ironman spacers were $70 a pair, gave me 30mm extra up front. There is a good 20mm all around the coil and bucket, no knocking at all. Even my CV's are still straight give or take a milimetre. Thats after two alignments

When you say you have clearence on the coil and bucket is that at full droop which is when you will get contact not just sitting there.
I have 2" lift with 10mm spacers and uca's made contact when I put a jack under her and lifted the wheels off the ground which resulted in only 30mm down travel from ride hight changed uca's now I have twice the down travel and no chance of contact

When you say you have clearence on the coil and bucket is that at full droop which is when you will get contact not just sitting there.
I have 2" lift with 10mm spacers and uca's made contact when I put a jack under her and lifted the wheels off the ground which resulted in only 30mm down travel from ride hight changed uca's now I have twice the down travel and no chance of contact

How much were your uca's?

Latest posts

Back