Egr blocking

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slkblknav

Reaction score
Hi fellas after reading on this site about the importance of blocking egr I am going to do it to my 08 2.5 is there anything else I need to do part from installing a stainless plate ?? .

Hi fellas after reading on this site about the importance of blocking egr I am going to do it to my 08 2.5 is there anything else I need to do part from installing a stainless plate ?? .

Not really mate, maybe tools to do it with? Lol that's about it just ask us if your unsure I have done it on mine also..

Yes, you need some gasket sealant to seal the pipe to the plate don't you?

Well I haven't used any.. But I do believe there is 2 thin metal shims in there and I used them on either side I think.. I did mine a long time ago before the debate of will it work on the d40 or not haha

Hi fellas thanks for the info , I see you all drive d40s mine is a d22 yd 25 so I asume it's the same engine and same application . And yes I will use shims and gasket goo hahaha

Hate to sound like a tard here, but can someone explain the Purpose of EGR blanking and what is involved? Sounds simple enough just have no idea lol.

There are plenty of threads, but "EGR" is a difficult search because of the three-character limit.

EGR is "Exhaust Gas Recirculation". Basically, it pumps exhaust gas directly from the exhaust into your intake manifold but ONLY during mid-range throttle. It's not there at idle or full throttle. The idea is to prevent combustion from occurring completely, so that less heat is produced and therefore less nitrogen oxides (greenhouse gases).

Blocking the EGR prevents this "combustion dampening", giving you a little more power, a little less exhaust smoke and a little faster spooling of the turbo. You might not see a huge gain, but some people do notice an improvement.

And for the record, gasket cement should be used on both sides of the block plate. It should be sensor-safe - Permatex Ultra Blue is good, about $17 from SCA.

Did mine just recently but haven't noticed really any power increase as such, just that the spool of the turbo kicks in the way it was designed. Bearly none if any lag from idle to 1500 or so, turbo doing the work not the motor!
No noticeable smoke now specially in reverse for me.
Don't know so much about economy as been reported

You can buy them here, cheap enough and laser cut to precision or you could just make one out of 2mm stainless steel using the old gasket as a template.

I left mine in for the 10k service and they didn't notice........but then they also didn't notice the headlights were pointing at the road (needed alignment) and the belt squealing after they adjusted the tension is recall. Basically they have no reason to look there based on their tick list so why would they notice

Should I take this back out before my car goes in for 10,000 km service at Nissan on Thursday
?

The service manager at Mossvale Nissan told me (in quite) to put one in if i hadnt already, so id say they know heaps of people are doing it and really dont care.

Hate to sound like a tard here, but can someone explain the Purpose of EGR blanking and what is involved? Sounds simple enough just have no idea lol.

It also stops this happening to your inlet manifold.

image-1369559014.jpg

It's like grease. This is not my engine because I blocked mine early on. But feel for this block having to clean that out.

Blocked my D22 D22 08 last night, took about 20 mins. Noticed a difference straight away in power maybe this is more noticable as its the 2.5 but am happy with the result. will keep it in and see how we go.

Latest posts

Back