Miss firing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bear666

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just after some ideas about my 08 navara d40 spannish built ute. It came up with the TPS code, took it to the garage and when they plugged into it the code had vanished and was reading know codes and then the ute has started accelerating funny as if it's not get enough diesel, put new air filter, cleaned MAF sensor and diesel filter. EGR blanked off and put a new throttle body on. Still know codes coming up advise anyone and checked for vacuum leaks. It sounds like a rotary motor to it gets above 2000rpm

It's worth checking the EGR tube near the exhaust connection, and the exhaust-turbo connection where my gasket thinned out and became like a reed in a woodwind instrument.

When you say "sounds like a rotary motor", do you mean a poxy RX7 or a raging 787B? They're quite different sounds (damn I love the 787B ... ok gonna have to include a clip of it!).

It's worth checking the EGR tube near the exhaust connection, and the exhaust-turbo connection where my gasket thinned out and became like a reed in a woodwind instrument.

When you say "sounds like a rotary motor", do you mean a poxy RX7 or a raging 787B? They're quite different sounds (damn I love the 787B ... ok gonna have to include a clip of it!).

My ute sounds like the 787B about 22seconds in the video just as he hits the power where it skip before power kicks in

Couple of things might cause that erratic operation - dirty injectors (my number one pick), dirty/faulty SCV (number two pick), a faulty injector harness (number three pick) or faulty injectors (worst-case). Injectors aren't cheap and these guys are usually pretty good.

Two ways to clean them without removing them:

1) Chuck a bottle of injector cleaner in the tank and drive it. It often works, it sometimes takes a little time.

2) Grab a can of Liqui Moly Diesel Purge and have at it. Here's (hopefully) some help with this last one:

Latest posts

Back