Steves D40 king cab build

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve1961

Reaction score
thought i would start one of these threads now before i get too far into it here she is on arrival day 2 months ago , and a pic today

Last edited:
went about fitting all the electronics , Hf radio , UHF radio , ipad , cameras , antennas etc

Had the ARB bullbar fitted , still has to be changed as they color coded it the wrong color

Got a tough dog lift , and was stupid enough to put the thing together myself , never again , heres the fronts that near took my head off !!!!

heres the lift , came up quite nicely 70 mm from the sagged front and 50 mm rear , levelled out well too , sorry about the crappy pic ,ill do a better one in the dry when its clean

Last edited:
Why did you almost lose your head??? Was it inexperience working on cars or just a balls of a job to do?

Nice ute BTW!

Last edited:
Why did you almost lose your head??? Was it inexperience working on cars or just a balls of a job to do?
compressing springs is extremely dangerous , and heavy 4x4 ones are even worse , having 2 claws on the spring compressors move , while near fully compressed is a sphincter pucker let me tell you , they let go and it would easily take your head off

I done a few cars in the past with McPherson strut... Can only imagine the extra tension 4wd springs have over a passenger car!!!

assumption correct , and its an American made RAM mount , its stable enough for back roads and hi way , but hard 4x4,ing you would want to take the IPad out , i haven't really used it for 4x4,ing , although i do have mud map on it and a hi way gps . the problem ive found is not the mount , its the bloody mapping programs and the chargers , when running the maps , it drains the battery even when its connected to a charger , and ive tried 3 brands , so eventually it goes flat

Almost no note at all , very quiet and no droning , a little more turbo whistle , but that's it , feels more lively on the throttle that's for sure and the lag / flat spot has totally vanished

the problem ive found is not the mount , its the bloody mapping programs and the chargers , when running the maps , it drains the battery even when its connected to a charger , and ive tried 3 brands , so eventually it goes flat

Thats a bit of a fail.... hmmm.. back to the scrible board.

Latest posts

Back