A week of surgery

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sevenmile7

Reaction score
Well this week has finally come. My beloved d40 goes under the knife. After babying my clutch for 6 months of stupid dual mass flywheel screech and stalling in traffic I circumed to a upgrade of an outback extreme single mass clutch. It's been sitting in the shed for 6 weeks until I've had the time. NOTE; telling mechanic about the importance of removing crank angle sensor.
So I drop the ute and clutch off this morning all pumped for it to be done by knock off. RING RING we busted the crank angle sensor and hope to get one tomorrow!!!!! NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I may be a bit weird but this kind of news is devastating to me. The whole worlds come to an end hahah. I hate being with out my mobile office.
Next hiccup is having it back and ready for town on wed night where I'm booked for the d40 tow bar recall. And then off to the diesel techs for a clean up n tune Friday. I hope this week gets better.

Got the ute back today and there is one question!! Why the F did anyone ever design a dmf. New clutch and smf are an absolute dream now ;)
Outback extreme clutch single mass conversion peeps. Defiantly worth it

Got the ute back today and there is one question!! Why the F did anyone ever design a dmf. New clutch and smf are an absolute dream now ;)
Outback extreme clutch single mass conversion peeps. Defiantly worth it

its on my future shopping list , how many ks did you get out of yours before if started giving you the shites

180000km on the cluctch and still very drivable empty.
Clutch/dmf making a dying wilderbeast sound for at least the last 40000km.
The ute was owned by some lovely peeps for 140k who had towed a light van for a few trips and just normal towing here and there but as soon as I put it to work on the farm it showed signs.
I can't believe how much quieter my ute is now.

Note: m clutch plate was actually in good nick. The dual mass flywheel however was faaaaarrrrkkkkeeeddddd. Horrible horrible designs for a light truck really.

Update on things. Everyone throw your dmf out. My flywheel was mashed inside at closer inspection. Horrible things. The new heavy duty single mass is so so much better.
Now for yesterday. Tow bar recall was done. Had cracks on the end of the chassis to weld and new bar. All good now but nissan service is so crap. 8-9 hours for the job. Unbelievable.
Now I'm parked up at affordable technologies in Adelaide ready to sort out rough idling and tune up chip a bit. I hope it goes well and it's only a suction control valve or something easy.

When I read the title of this thread, I thought that you must be in hospital for some work. What I read was worse. Much worse! You poor bugger, I hate it when I have to let someone else work on my ute.

Am really pleased to hear about your result with the new clutch. It's on my "to do" list, but as yet mine is still holding up ok.

Haven't dropped it off for the chassis rail inspection yet either. I kinda figure that since mine has an ARB bar installed, they aren't going to weld it up even it is is cracked, so I might as well do the inspection and any welding myself. More convenient that way.

Well the grand finale is............ SUPRISE SUPRISE a suction control valve and four new injectors thanks. Oh well looks like she will have to live a bit longer than expected. I was planning on changing again at 250k. Spending all this coin on it should freshen her up

I like the dual mass in my Dmax. Its got plenty of torque down low, so you dont have to ride it.

How much did all that cost you ?

I am waiting for the price etc. I know scv is between 2-300 but ill imagine 2g + injectors. The only reason I'm happy to do this is I buy my vehicles wholesale so I paid bugger all for the ute when I got it.

Latest posts

Back