zd30 starting problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pothole

Reaction score
fellers i have a weird starting problem with my van.
1. in the morning it starts ok
2. when the engine is hot the van will give problems to start,i have to tumble the engine for about 10 to 20 sec abd mash the x for it to start and a puff of white and blue smoke will come out the back .

help please

Might be the fuel filter, my mate in his patrol had a tiny pinhole in his fuel filter, car would start ok in morning but then run sh*t and conk out. Then it did not want to start but eventually did and heaps of white smoke would come out from exhaust but then it would just reprat the process.

Maybe not the problem, but a cheap part to replace.

Petrol or diesel? Petrol motors will do that with injectors that have varnish on them. As the engine heats up, the injectors start to stick. Had it happen on my Jaguar, had to have all the injectors sonically cleaned twice to fix it. With 12 injectors, it wasn't a cheap fix.

RD28's do it when the injection pump needs a rebuild.

Sounds like the pump. Checked for fault codes yet ?

Dave.

Kinda, just saying RD28 injection pumps wear out and a simple fix is adjusting plates to fix the timing on the pump.

Dave.

Yes he is correct, i was just reffering to a prob my mate had in his patrol 6cyl diesel. It was the fuel filter, it had a pinhole in it, dont ask me what the prob was, it was something along the lines of pressure loss or air mixed in, i wasnt there at the mechanics to find out.

Latest posts

Back