Pots and pans.....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ambo

Reaction score
Hi again,
I'm talking fry pan, and a couple of pots (and a crockpot / pie tin)....
What is best? I have a gas (LPG) oven and two burner stove top (companion brand) built permanently to my slide on camper. Not looking at cooking for crowds, just me and the missus. Plus something sturdy for the rough corrugations. The last cooking set I had wore holes in itself from the Gibb River and everything tasted like Teflon.

I want to steer away from heavy cast iron stuff, I do love a camp fire, But it just gets dirty and is extra weight.
I have been eye'ing off the 'http://smartspacecookware.com' units, mainly for the stacking ability, but I'm finding it hard to justify 100s of $$$. I like the look and feel of them but haven't heard any feedback....
OR-- am I best off getting a crappy set from coles or woolies for $12 and throwing it out every 6 months?

Let me know what you use, what you have tried, and what you recommend not considering.

Simon.

Er, we basically have various nesting billies. Ideally with each in their own bag.
Purchased from camping stores over the years.
I like Sigg, but they are expensive and I only have one.
We have a set of three thin wall bilies that we purchased as a set and another set of four which is the 4L Sigg and three others that I've collected obver the decades that just sort of stack together. Stacks for two but just occassionally we use a few.

I can strongly recommend buying a nice thick wire version(9"?) of the billy lifters. Push he middle pair of wires down and they really grip the billy well.

I also have a 20l Jam pot for boiling the shower water and there is a cast aluminium "kettle" for lpg/fire for the cuppa.

Warning, if you have an oven, you migt be tempted to buy squat billies, but I've found those very unstable.

The frypan is just a Chef(?) brand one that came from SWMBO'd home town shop. It has a nice thick cloth bag(old jeans) to sit inside. It is about the only thing that has a stuck on handle.

We have a few aluminium pots with lids my grandfather used to have, he threw them my way when he gave up camping, they're light and get bent sometimes but have lasted over 30 years so far, I don't know where he got them but they look like the sort of basic old fashioned cookware that would turn up in op shops, as said above check them out.

ill be looking at this closely as my wife and I are looking at buying some too. the difference is we are just starting and we don't have any for camping.

Latest posts

Back