meryla 15th march

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Date Do You Want to Go To Meryla

• 22 Feb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Mar

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 8 Mar

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • 15 Mar

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

pbk1776

Reaction score
Happy New Year to all -This is an updated thread from EOI to Meryla Trip.
I am trying to organize a trip each Quarter of the year, try to bring
Everyone together in NSW/ACT put faces on forums names and enjoys wheeling.

So from the suggestions received in this thread - we are going to Meryla State Forest. I personally have no experience in this area, however some members are very familiar of Meryla Tracks like Mr1jz and Nathand22, hopefully they would not mind taking us around.

Trip Details
Trip: Meryla State Forest NSW
Date: 15th of March 2014
Meet Place: CORNER ILLAWARRA HWY AND NOWRA ROAD - trust everyone are all packed and fueled.
Meet time: 8:30 meet to depart 9am for early start
UHF CH: 18

If you are coming, please advise so we can add name in the list. This also include tag alongs.

CAP of 12 Vehicles - unless drop outs Cheers

1. PBK1776 -
2 MR1JZ
4. MIKE1303 + 1 - Camping
5. NAVARANEWB - Camping
6. OLD.TONY - Camping
7. BOOTS89 - Camping
8. Shaggy

Note: For campers - we will try to look for the best spot for you on the day.

This forum is a community of like-minded people who enjoy the great outdoors in their Navaras

It is not an organisation or an incorporated club. It is a totally voluntary loose collection of people who share interests.

So it must be said that people who come along on members outings do so at their own risk, personal and material. Of course all care will be taken, however accidents can (and sometimes do) happen and that is the risk we all take on 4x4 outings.

It is expected each participant will carry appropriate insurance cover or be fully understanding of the level of insurance cover they have. This forum does not provide insurance to any participant.

Buffoonery or larrikinism won't be tolerated in this group for this very reason (I really don't expect this from our members anyway, but it needs to be said).

Likewise, if somebody is uncomfortable with any situation or decision made on an outing they are entitled to speak up and raise those concerns. Our group won't be pressuring people into situations they don't want to be in. Participants will be responsible for their own actions and entitled to make their own decisions.

So let's all get out there, have fun, make friends and enjoy the bush and each others company; but understand we all do so at our own risks.

Last edited:
EOI: Day Trip Feb 2014

Haha I believe mt walker is down near lithgow tony. I could be wrong though,

If it ends up down that way you can count me in boys, if you end up going north of Sydney it's a bit far outta the way for a day trip :) ill keep an eye on this one

As for dates the mrs has every second weekend off so once some ppl throws out some dates ill see how it lines up vs where you choose to go :D

Hi Tony and mike

Mt walker is in lithgow area as well

Or if you all want more centralised, menai?

Hi Tony and mike

Mt walker is in lithgow area as well

Or if you all want more centralised, menai?

I rather enjoyed the trip down to Lithgow last year and I'm keen to see more of it. So strike one down for that in the tally and let's see what everyone else thinks :)

Yeh it's open suggestion - meryla sounds good
Also mike will be closer that way as well - this time
We might get more ACT members to come along

Mt Walker in lithgow is more centralize for everyone - depends on interest we get coming from north members :)

Let's narrow this one down to 2 places

Mt Walker or Meryla

please suggest dates for this trip

As for Dates the weekends of the first and the 15th of febuary work for me and the Mrs (or the photographer) , that or I'll be flying solo if it's the other weekends

Never been to meryla that sounds interesting

Last edited:
I will go to either place if im not skiing in Japan.
Meryla is just up the road, id needed im happy to show everyone around, you can end up doing a loop out to Fitzroy Falls and actually park at the top of one of the falls.
The 4x4ing isnt hard core by any means but the drive has some spectacular views of the escarpment and water falls.
Mt walker is one spot im not sure ive done, i have a feeling i have been there but didnt realise it as we had travelled for a few days and covered allot of country, BUT i am keen to go and have a crack at the track.

ok looks like we are going to Meryla then :)
Ill add poll for dates - then let's make this trip
happen :-D

lol can an admin add a poll for dates in this thread

Dates:

22 of Feb
1 of March
8 of March
15 of March

Latest posts

Back