meryla 15th march

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Date Do You Want to Go To Meryla

• 22 Feb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Mar

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 8 Mar

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • 15 Mar

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
Where I'm sitting right now the temperature is dropping rapidly. Just to the north is Polblue - the top of the Barringtons (about 1500m above sea level). They're predicting snow overnight at altitudes above 1100m so we're pretty hopeful that we'll leave here in the morning (around 7:30 - we need to stop at the local shop for some snags) and see some snow.

Barometric map would seem to confirm the high possibility of snow, too. There are two low pressure cells right on us, and a cold front moving across NSW at about 25kts (about 50km/h) which should hit the Barringtons in the early hours of the morning.

That means it'll be snowing in the morning - low pressure plus cold front = precipitation, and this cold front is already making itself felt here.

So tomorrow morning I'm going to check the weather again, and if all's well, I'm loading up the recovery gear, stove and REALLY warm clothing and we're going to go see if there's any snow on the tops.

We've done this sort of thing a bit in the past, but now we're living a fair bit closer. It's a shame they closed the track from near Salisbury up to the tops - I believe it's a walking trail only now. There's some vague mention of it in OSM but until I go there I won't know - but I won't do that tomorrow. It's heading in the wrong direction if they HAVE closed the track.

Anyone is welcome to tag along. Bring:

* Warm clothing or enough petrol and a match to keep yourself warm
* Snags or other food of choice, plus drinks. Don't forget the bloody sauce!!
* Recovery gear
* Snow chains

I'll try to get on early in the morning and see if anyone's coming, otherwise we'll be heading through to Gloucester with an estimated arrival in Gloucester of about 8:30am for a toilet stop, perhaps a coffee (there's a new Woolworths there with a cafe) and then heading off for the 2 hour trip up to Polblue (it's another 2 hours to get back down, longer if it's snowing).

Latest posts

Back