King cab Auto fuel economy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justdrinkbeer

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a sub topic of fuel economy but I really have a problem.
I have King Cab auto and its doing about 18-20 litres/100km, just been told by nissan service that is normal for Auto.
Could anyone else with a King cab Auto please post up their fuel economy figures as i'm sure it aint right and could use some ammo to go see nissan with

20 litres, !@#$ me.

Id be buying a VQ40DE version if thats normal and have 198kw's to play with.

Something seriously wrong there. How is this motor with all its pollution gear better for the inviroment then say a QD32 that uses 11L/100km's ?

Dave.

Bought diesel for economy! thats a laugh.
No petrol motor for king cab either.
Anyway, the lying bugger told me when I bought it that it would use 11.5l/100km, at worst around town all the time would be 13, now being told standard for auto is 20l/100km.
Going back next week, then another dealer if I need to.
Anyone know of any diesel tuning mobs that could help? Don't mind paying, just to get it sorted. Someone suggested to try Berrima diesel

There's a post in a thread here somewhere with the steps to reset the ECU and put it in learn mode or something like that. I assume that you follow these steps and then drive the thing really gently, then turn the car off and it drinks a lot less afterwards. No idea where that post is, but I copied the instructions out so I wouldn't lose them:

TO RESET

To carry out the reset carry out the following

Turn ignition on so all dash lights come on.

Wait 3 seconds

PUMP accelerator pedal 5 times within 5 seconds....

with foot now OFF accelerator wait 7 seconds...

After 7 seconds press and hold down accelerator pedal for 10 seconds...

After 10 seconds the Engine Management Light will start to flash, at this point remove foot from accelerator.

the Nav is now in diag mode, so let the EML flash for a bit. the press and hold the accelerator pedal down for more than 10 seconds..this will then reset ECU and fuel pump etc......and put them into learning mode.

NOTE: When the EML light is flashing, this is listing possible fault codes... so if you know how to read the fault codes or know the sequences then you can figure out any possible faults with your Nav with out getting the dealer to do it!! :D

I get 18L per hundred when I'm hauling my 1.8T double-axle full-height caravan. If you're getting that without any load, something is wrong.

I've not tried those instructions, so hold back a bit until someone comes along and confirms that they don't do anything dramatic like turn the glovebox into a surprise cake and makes 20-year-old blonde bombshells pop out every 10 minutes.

That'd make it bloody hard to drive!

I've done reset and it works fine. No surprises at all.
Mine's not an extra cab but it is an auto and I average 13L/100km around town and 11L/100km on the open road as long as I'm not thrashing it up hills and sticking to around 105-110kmph even towing 2.5 ton I return only 14L/100km so you've got something wrong there.
If you do the reset make sure the engine is upto normal operating temp, then do rest and take for a gentle drive as mentioned above.
Also might pay to check your air flow meter in the intake pipe as it might be dirty. These motors are quite fumey and the tend to soot up the air flow meter after a while.

I've not tried those instructions, so hold back a bit until someone comes along and confirms that they don't do anything dramatic like turn the glovebox into a surprise cake and makes 20-year-old blonde bombshells pop out every 10 minutes.

That'd make it bloody hard to drive!

My girlfriend is 20, 20 year olds can be annoying to have in the car at times. lol.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back