Clunky noises

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAWZ

Reaction score
When I go down a gutter with the wheel on full lock or 3/4 lock it makes a creaking noise any ideas on how to stop this ?

you need to grease up your steer locks i think there called. its hard for me to explain but its not a hard fix ill take a photo if you want.

Mate that would be great .

God I love this site no dicks and everyone gets along.

When I go down a gutter with the wheel on full lock or 3/4 lock it makes a creaking noise any ideas on how to stop this ?

As josh, says its an easy fix just some grease will stop the creaking,

but more importantly avoid full lock when hitting gutters and the like.

When you feel full lock just back it off a little.

i've got same problem, someone said i needed a new front axle, does same thing big loud clunky noices when near full lock, bit embarassing if you're in town !!! i dont know cars, can someone point me to website where i might be able to see diagram which includes these "steer locks" so i can grease them, many thanks

Hopefully this comes out alright.

SteeringStop.png

Just put some good grease on the bolt head, and you will see where the bolt rubs on full lock on the plate opposite. Do the same for both sides (left and right wheel) and clunky, groaning squeak will be gone!
Might need doing from time to time, but its easy as.

Hoo Roo

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back