Jackson's Crossing Victoria.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ankaz

Reaction score
Gday fellas,

Has anyone been to Jackson's Crossing on the Snowy River Vic?

I'm heading up there over Easter to do a bit of camping and fishing with a few other blokes.

My problem is, i really know nothing about the place, i will do some research before i go but if anyone can shed some light on the place it would be handy.

I haven't found much about the Jackson's Crossing on the net so I'm just wondering how serious the 4x4ing is around there? and if my vehicle will handle it ok?

Cheers Matt

Ankaz mate, you are in luck! My wife's parents own the farm at Jacksons crossing. It is a beautiful place with some good tracks that will cater to most kinds of 4wdrives. I was up there over christmas and the majority of the tracks are pretty well maintained. they can be steep though so considering the amount of rain that has been around it could be slippery. but you will be able to choose your route to make it as hard or easy as you want. As far as the actual crossing itself, it's a walk in the park. It is very well travelled with a rock bottom. Barely enough to engage hubs. Hope this helps.

Ankaz, did you end up going to Jacksons Crossing at Easter? I took the family there in my D40 and had a fantastic couple of days. 4WDing getting in and out was great, nice and steep in and out coming from the Buchan side of the river.

As for the fishing, my son caught a bass but that was about it; not that he's the worlds greatest fisherman but he was chuffed.

Latest posts

Back